test

No Signal to screen

JennyM

Hi there,
I tried doing a forum search as I'm sure others have had this issue, but it kept giving me no results, even with just using the word 'signal' so maybe search function isn't working or I'm not using it right.

Anyway, my son's Alienware X51 has stopped sending signal to the monitor. I've used a different HDMI cable to check it and issue remains.

Next I connected the rig to a different screen, still no signal.

From memory I think this is a graphics card issue, would that be right? I have LS - Premium Hardware and Software Support, but it seems they no longer operate at weekends. :confused: It is currently Saturday, 21:50 hrs in my timezone so I probably won't get help til Monday.

Does anyone have any tips I can try meanwhile? My son's autistic and is stressing out about not having his computer.

Many thanks...

JennyM

I don't know what a discrete graphics card is. I have a nvidia card, think its a 660. The problem fixed itself later that day, then recurred a week later.

The tech guy said to move the HDMI lead to the lower slot, which did give a signal, but a distorted one. So... after an hour of trying different things, they're sending out a new graphics card and a new board because the top HDMI slot isn't working (not sure if that means a motherboard?) I guess I'll find out on Wednesday or Thursday.