test

No Sound with HDMI...

Dingleman

Got my X51 today and went ahead to set it up in the living room as a HTPC. Needless to say I was a bit disappointed to find out that sound does not work via the MOBO HDMI connection. Dell is nice enough to send me a micro HDMI adapter to try with the GPU port but I was wondering if someone has a solution for this other than just forsaking the port.

BlackJair

It does work, but you must set to "disabled" the speakers/headphones, I don't know why but everytime I use my HDMI I have to do this to make it work.

Just go to Sound -> Mixer -> Click on the speaker icon -> Device Usage: Don't use this device.

But first check if the sound card is recognizing the HDMI Port, by just clicking in the label: "Speakers / Headphones". If there says: "HDMI AMD/nVidia(While HDMI is connected) then it may work.

Dingleman

All my nVidia HDMI connections are showing up as "not connected". Disabling the speaker icon did not work :(

BlackJair

Maybe its a Driver issue? Once I fresh installed windows on my AW, my HDMI port didn't work until I re-installed the AMD Driver.

craig neild

It does work, but you must set to "disabled" the speakers/headphones, I don't know why but everytime I use my HDMI I have to do this to make it work.

Just go to Sound -> Mixer -> Click on the speaker icon -> Device Usage: Don't use this device.

But first check if the sound card is recognizing the HDMI Port, by just clicking in the label: "Speakers / Headphones". If there says: "HDMI AMD/nVidia(While HDMI is connected) then it may work.

Many thanks Sir ;-)