Noob here!

VagrantXeth

I am new to the forums and somewhat new to computers in general. I did not get into computers until the ripe old age of 30 and I am 40 now. Started off by building my own without any knowlledge of how to do it and I did pretty good if I do say so myself. Not being anyway involved in the tech field it was a lot of trial and error full of frustration and personal triumph. Have had a few computers since and I am happy to say I have enjoyed every bit of my long arduous road. Just recently replaced my old XPS420 with the Alienware X51. I felt it was a good budget computer and suits my needs just fine. I am also finding out that opinions about Alienware are on polar opposites of extreme ends. You have those who either really hate them, and those who really love them with few in betweeners. That's ok, I really love my recent purchase and I hope to learn a lot from this forum!

Eirreann

Yes, indeed, welcome! Well, you've had more time with computer than I have, haha! I've been at this for barely two years now...
And you put together a custom build? Interesting... could you check out my "How to Build a Computer" tutorial in the Articles section? I would appreciate any constructive criticism that you may have!