test

Noob Here!

NightshadeCX5

Hi guys! First post here :)
So after saving forever I finally got my Alienware M17X R4 with an AMD 7970m card, Love the machine! However, I bought it new from ebay since it was 300 less than Dell and it could be delivered the next day because the guy lived 20 minutes from me in Cork (Ireland) and it was. However...I did ask him to down/upgrade depending how you look at it, from windows 8 to windows 7 Ultimate. Thinking ahead to upgrading the HDD to 1TB, I've noticed that after he upgraded the OS, I dont have Respawn. When I download Respawn and run it it says it needs windows 8, ran as admin too. All I have from the guy is windows 7 ultimate on disc ( with certificate of authenticity ) any clues on how I would get Respawn working as and when I put in the 1TB drive (as boot disc) ? thanks in advance!

calric

Welcome!

Awesome machine!

I do not have/use Win8, and maybe just a thought that the particular version you have is built for win8. Maybe you should see if that is the case. Try searching dell support to see if you can track down a different version for win 7 i(guessing 64), i looked quickly but i have to go to bed.

NightshadeCX5

Hi Calric :) Naw man I dled it from the M17 and it ran a check and only gave one link to DL after it said my laptop had passed the test, then I downloaded another version on my other laptop running 7 home premium and copied it to the Alienware...no luck ffs

yikes81

Go to the alienware website an put in your service tag and see what it is registered to. You should also try and move the machine into your name so you can get support on it.

Tapatalk'n on the Galaxy S4

NightshadeCX5

Hi yikes, Im waiting to put it in my name first but Dell said it will take 2/3 weeks to transfer. Ill try the service tag thing though, cheers man!

NightshadeCX5

Transfer completed only today, no recovery partition after upgrading it to Windows 7 Ultimate, talked to 2 different guys at Alienware, one says I can add a recovery partition if I buy the full version of Respawn, the other guy said it cant be done...only the recovery discs, well confused what to do if I put in the new HDD.

yikes81

Try a third call and get another opinion. The third guy will either say you can or can't.

Tapatalk'n