Not really happy with my performance

EDIT: This is an m14xR2
On the Lowest possible settings on pretty much every game,
I get pretty lousy performance.
I have the 64gb SSD,8gb RAM model of the m14xr2.
I don't think I'm overclocked.
Purchased in July 2012, from a store, not ordered from online.

The fan is running really loud when I just turn on the computer and when I open chrome it gets worse, but then quiets down.

COD4: With lowest settings will even lag when people are shooting.
MW3: Only Playable on lowest settings on resolution.
Black ops 2: Good for a few seconds, then Don't even bother.

I have contacted Alienware support and they were nice, and helped me a little bit, but the problem still persists.
Any help?

sway

Apr 12, 2012
Houston
Have you updated your drivers? Make sure your gpu is running how it should. In those games you should be able to run max or close. Need to go through the basics of why your not getting good performance, like drivers etc... to find out if it's in the software or hardware.

tapping from the Note II

Have you updated your drivers? Make sure your gpu is running how it should. In those games you should be able to run max or close. Need to go through the basics of why your not getting good performance, like drivers etc... to find out if it's in the software or hardware.

tapping from the Note II
The alienware staff took me through updating and installing pretty much everything, including the BIOS.
It's also good to know when this is all fixed i will have awesome performance.

MattyB

Mar 19, 2012
Adelaide, Australia
If its that bad, it almost sounds like the GPU isn't working at all and it's just using Intel graphics.

Have you had a look through the Nvidia settings?

- - - - - Updated - - - - -

I actually managed to play MW3 with the Intel graphics on low settings once so it can be done. Badly.

AeonSoul

Feb 21, 2012
Italy
I'm just going to doublecheck this:
have you set in the nvidia control panel to use the dedicated GPU to run the fames? Double click on it, in the 3d settiongs section add the .exe file of the game to the list, if it's not already there, and select the option in the dropdown menu which says to use the dedicated graphic card.
Hit apply and try that again. If it's not working after forcing the GPU like that then most likely it's an hardware problem.

Have you got yourself a GPU monitor so you can see what kind of load it's under when you're trying to use it? Something like GPU-Z
Just did this.

Idle I'm now sitting around 55 degrees, and the fans have been working quieter since I updated the integrated card.
The following is Black Ops 2 on Lowest Settings with a resolution of 1600x900
On menus I had around 68 degrees and 72 in game.
On Menus I had a load of 52% and in game I had a load of 73%
Here is a screenshot of the max of everything after 10 minutes of playing.
Capture.jpg

I'm just going to doublecheck this:
have you set in the nvidia control panel to use the dedicated GPU to run the fames? Double click on it, in the 3d settiongs section add the .exe file of the game to the list, if it's not already there, and select the option in the dropdown menu which says to use the dedicated graphic card.
Hit apply and try that again. If it's not working after forcing the GPU like that then most likely it's an hardware problem.
I have already done this, but thanks anyway.