test

Not responding problem

KarlEjn

Hello there everyone! I joined this site today and I got my Alienware 17 yesterday! So far it seems like a really really sweet laptop! It just that I have a few problems that I don't really know how to solve.

First of, when I'm on my computer surfing around or just playing some games, sometimes the computer can freeze for a little while and I can do anything with it, and on the internet page it says (Not responding) basically all the programs running stops working for a little while. (Talking about like maybe 10-15 seconds.)

And also in the beginning when i started my computer for the first time it said that my intel rapid didn't work probperly, like couldn't find one something. So I pressed on it and I clicked on something and I choosed "normal". After that it has been a little green check on the rapid icon but I have no idea if I changed anything or if I just told the computer that "everything is alright" but infact I have no idea if it's alright haha.

Any idea what this can be guys? I mean other then that the computer runs super smoothly.

P.s for my information what I have inside my laptop, please just ask, but I basically have the most expensive 17 laptop out there. So I got like all the newest things. Gefore GTX 780M / 32g ram / 2tb / best processor and so on. Please ask for more specific details!

Thanks a lot before hand!
Best wishes
Karl

Peace

- - - - - Updated; Consecutive Post Auto Merged - - - - -

I would also like to add that the computer seems a bit slow on start up, sometimes on startup when it says "alienware" in the beginning the screen just freeze, and I need to restart the computer.

Please if anyone know the problems, I would love an answer!

Best wishes, Karl

Alienwulf

You might want to check if you have the latest Bios update. Check at Dell support and put in your service tag. Also go to computer then system properties and device manager see that all the drivers are there. Last I would call Dell you paid way too much to have any problems go unresolved. And last welcome to the forum..;)

KarlEjn

Thanks for the reply!

What drivers is it you want me to find in the device manager? (I am not super hightech at computer)

If it continues to bother me I will call Dell. Like now the computer has been working like a dream for the past 2-3 hours! Just start up this time that was a bit weird.

You might want to check if you have the latest Bios update. )

What do you mean with the Bips update?

And also a bit more detail for you to work with. Whenever the computer decides to not respond, the van goes completely quiet, (I think it turns itself off) and then when it starts working again it goes back to normal.