Not the fastest type of connection

Gravito

What type of internet connection are you using now? I am curious if there are any of you still using dial-up connection. It is not the fastest type of connection, but for some people, it is the only connection available.

Dantheman221

I live in one of the worst places for internet here on the outskirts of kiev. Not a lot to choose from. We've tried 3g, dial-up with a signal booster,etc. Only one really worked well and thats the one I'm using now. Its called WiMax. The only downside, is that you need to have direct sight between the receiver and the sender. Luckily, we fit it on our roof and we get 30ms ping, 3mb/s in winter and up to 20mb/s and 1 ms ping in summer ^^

JohnW

There were times when I had no option of connection other than dial-up. I never like it even when it's the only option available. Using it is more like a punishment than a reward.

Dantheman221

There were times when I had no option of connection other than dial-up. I never like it even when it's the only option available. Using it is more like a punishment than a reward.
Haha yes, I know what you feel. Especially, when your "friends" talk about it to other "friends" :)

VagrantXeth

Dial up, the only thing I miss is the sound of the the modem connecting. Call me nostalgic, lol!

dnvr.dsz

the worst of all "ME" in my country 3g was recently introduced and still it is not wide spread over the country... the place i live in is still only supporting 2g lol really bad when i see some of the people outside my country who get very high speed internet services :(
i get 2mbps all the time and 68ms Ping from the nearest server

DDuB420

You first have to find out if any of the ISP's will provide it to residential locations in your area.
Prices vary because of where you are and what ISP you are using.