NumberBar will not work

durbin209

I cant use the numberbar above the letters, what happens is it just recalls the last letter used, please freaking help me before I chuck it out the damn window. it's been doing this since I installed win8

Maelstrom

Maybe it's a Win8 issue then? I've never heard of this and installing a beta OP is kind of sketchy to me...

I did find this though. Although this says the that issue only arises when attempting to use an internet browser.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-windows_install/installed-win-8-yesterday-and-some-top-row/5f3e2d66-27f9-4dff-a9b2-93330c5d5cb2?msgId=307c7e31-8e5a-447a-bde1-e0629e1fa752

Edit: After digging some more I've found that A LOT of people are having this issue with Win8. You may have to somehow run the keyboard in compatibility mode? I don't know how to do that though.

durbin209

I fixed it, but whats the warrenty use on the m17x? I want to fix my computer to factory new :( I hate windows 8 and I cant seem to get rid of it, it also deleted all my games an docs

Org

If it came with a windows cd/key you could just install the old windows over it and tell it to reformat/erase everything?

*note everything will be deleted (back up important files) you may have to install drivers and updates afterwords*

Don't think it'll work but maybe try system restore.

Maelstrom

I read somewhere that Microsoft designed Win8 so that you can't install other OSs on the computer it's on.

durbin209

no it didn't come with a win7 disc, it was preloaded, however there is a code on the bottom of the laptop

durbin209

I would. If you can't fix the problem yourself and it's a huge problem like this then get it repaired/replaced.
But im not fine print reader. Would you mind telling me if im able to use the warrenty? I've never used a warrenty before.

BlackJair

You should've installed W8 in a partition, BETA is always tricky.

I have read a lot of threads of your telling about yoyr R3 issues, if you wanna sell it you should use the warranty, its the best option so you can sell it full price.