Old Alienware Desktop

vromiken

Hey there, new to the forums!

Long story short I remember seeing the Area 51 and MJ12 (Dragon ATX style) desktops in magazines when I was younger and always wanting one...

I came across an Area 51 in black (I think at least) a year or so ago and most everything seems to be in working order.

I was wondering if someone might know a few things about the system to maybe figure out what the specs should have been from Alienware when it was new. There are a few things with the machine that make me think things were updated at some point. I work in media and was about to reach out to someone with Dell who had worked at the original Alienware office, and unfortunately they have deleted all of their archives for the old systems. :(

So, the numbers on the system are: Alienware DX-02WS-FD and has a support ID of 620003.

The specs are:

Abit AS8 / AS8-V Intel i865 MOBO (I don't think it is factory since AW usually used Intel boards?)
Intel P4 530 Prescott 755LGA 3.00Ghz
2GB ram
Nividia Geforce 3 (NV20) 64MB
60GB Main system HD
Soundblaster Audigy 2 with breakout bay (When I got the desktop it didn't have an audigy 2 in it, it does now, which matches the breakout bay that was still in it)

So as I have said, this is a big nostalgia thing for me, I think I would like to put the system as back to stock as possible (within reason, I have a SATA 1TB drive for games in it).

I have found old magazine archives with system specs in them, I am hoping someone might be able to confirm which model it is so I could have somewhere to start!

Here are some pictures, the dirty ones were pre-cleaning, someone had it in their garage: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1JJAhZ1_r0igRWWOvRPJHbSBukQFlp8lM?usp=sharing

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

-V

inphoenix

mbs.jpgHi guys. Please don't make fun of me since i' am old and this is my first post. Well in response to vromiken i hope it helps to show you what MOBO came in my system. I still have all the components from this machine since i got it new in 2003 i think. I have the AGP ATI GPU the Intel P4 3.2 Gigs Proc. L775 the MSI MOBO 4 Corsair Platinum half a Gig each. a stock pile of small fans from Turbo Cool an MSI CPU cooler the MSI PSU 400 W. 2 Western Digital 120 Gigs. and i would need to look in my attic for the rest of the components. Only thing in use today is the case. Lets say that what is in it now will match the components of this machine when it was custom built by the guys at Alienware. Yep. is old.

vromiken

Thanks for the reply! Sorry it has taken me a bit to get back to you.

It seems like maybe they put in different boards at some point instead of always going with Intel based mobos.

Would you happen to have any of the software/documentation that came with it when you bought it? Any pictures would be amazing, and would you want to part with the old hardware and/or any old documentation that came with it?

Thanks!

-V

View attachment 2955Hi guys. Please don't make fun of me since i' am old and this is my first post. Well in response to vromiken i hope it helps to show you what MOBO came in my system. I still have all the components from this machine since i got it new in 2003 i think. I have the AGP ATI GPU the Intel P4 3.2 Gigs Proc. L775 the MSI MOBO 4 Corsair Platinum half a Gig each. a stock pile of small fans from Turbo Cool an MSI CPU cooler the MSI PSU 400 W. 2 Western Digital 120 Gigs. and i would need to look in my attic for the rest of the components. Only thing in use today is the case. Lets say that what is in it now will match the components of this machine when it was custom built by the guys at Alienware. Yep. is old.

inphoenix

I have the original 2 Gigs of ram {Time Capsule} that came with it, (4- 500 Mbs. Sticks of Corsair Platinum DDR), MSI 5950 AGP Graphs card, MSI 600 W. PSU. MSI 875 Neo Platinum Motherboard. 6 Turbo Cool fans. The Scorpions where the only thing the cops kept when long ago they seized the computer. None of these parts are in the machine now. But i still have them. Here is a pic of when i was re-building the computer
aw.jpgIf you gonna put those parts to work.. Why kept them in my storage?

Allen25151

Hey there, new to the forums!

Long story short I remember seeing the Area 51 and MJ12 (Dragon ATX style) desktops in magazines when I was younger and always wanting one...

I came across an Area 51 in black (I think at least) a year or so ago and most everything seems to be in working order.

I was wondering if someone might know a few things about the system to maybe figure out what the specs should have been from Alienware when it was new. There are a few things with the machine that make me think things were updated at some point. I work in media and was about to reach out to someone with Dell who had worked at the original Alienware office, and unfortunately they have deleted all of their archives for the old systems. :(

So, the numbers on the system are: Alienware DX-02WS-FD and has a support ID of 620003.

The specs are:

Abit AS8 / AS8-V Intel i865 MOBO (I don't think it is factory since AW usually used Intel boards?)
Intel P4 530 Prescott 755LGA 3.00Ghz
2GB ram
Nividia Geforce 3 (NV20) 64MB
60GB Main system HD
Soundblaster Audigy 2 with breakout bay (When I got the desktop it didn't have an audigy 2 in it, it does now, which matches the breakout bay that was still in it)

So as I have said, this is a big nostalgia thing for me, I think I would like to put the system as back to stock as possible (within reason, I have a SATA 1TB drive for games in it).

I have found old magazine archives with system specs in them, I am hoping someone might be able to confirm which model it is so I could have somewhere to start!

Here are some pictures, the dirty ones were pre-cleaning, someone had it in their garage: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1JJAhZ1_r0igRWWOvRPJHbSBukQFlp8lM?usp=sharing

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

-V
Hi, I have the same models in black and other colors. I saved information and photos over time. I have been away and just returned home. Can share some info and photos later. 103_0870.JPG103_0874.JPG103_0879.JPG103_0416.JPG103_0426.JPG103_0436.JPG103_0438 - Copy.JPGs-l1600 (5).jpg