Older Alienware Tower

Jayh

Hi, I have a older Alienware tower that I am trying to identify. It says Area-51 / PC-421548A. Looks like it came with Windows XP Media Center Edition originally but now has Vista on it. It has two 250GB hard drives, 2.0GB ram and a 750 watt power supply. Any help as how old it is would be appreciated.
Thanks,
J

Attachments

MattyB

Staff member
Hey. Not certain but I think that model chassis was called Predator. I bought one a few years ago to rebuild but I never did anything with it and it got thrown away. Can’t tell you the age sorry but if it’s got the original CPU in it then that will give you an idea

LukeG310

You got yourself an Area 51 7500 computer prior the Dell buyout. Can you do me a favor and take a picture of the circuit board on the bottom that essentially powers on the LED on the side panel? I want to see if you have the manual RGB card or the card that can change colors through AlienFX software. The case is old but there are few people out there still looking for it. If you have the AlienFX board then the value goes up. I did a rebuild last year for my sister and used this case.

Jayh

Hi. Thank you for your response. After all the searching I have done, you are the only one that got back to me with any thing that would indicate how old this is. I had one other response that told me the case may be a predator type which I was aware of before. I find it interesting that to this date, I have not been able to find out exactly what the model number means? I decided to put the unit on e-bay so it you want a blow up picture of the bottom card it's the only picture I have of it. Just go to e-bay. The listing is:
Vintage Original Alienware Area-51 / Predator Desktop Gaming Computer

Thanks again.

LukeG310

It has the manual RGB switch settings. Also noticed it sold, congrats!