'On Battery' Settings

Commy1

Hey all, so first I'll tell you about what brings me to making this thread.
I was playing League of Legends and I usually run at between 80 - 120fps at Very High settings with a 90ping. I started a game while on battery and I dropped to 20fps... I dropped the settings down to High and the game played at 60fps with a 160ping, not so bad but definitely not as good as it could be.

I checked that my power management was set to my custom High Performance with the highest settings available. I read that while on battery the GPU processing speed is reduced to almost 0 and was wondering how to override this.

BlackJair

I used to have that Issue, everytime i was on Battery Mode, i coudn't play any game, not COD4 or any 256mb Video game.

I was told about something that the BIOS dissables the GPU to increase battery life, i did a lot of things to my lap so i could finally play any game at any FPS while in Bettery Mode. I upgraded the VBIOS and the BIOS, i think that made it for me.

Dantheman221

You can't really override it. Even if you were to, its best you dont because your PC would fry out and eat your battery in less than 4 secs!

Commy1

Lol ok, thanks. Kind of frustrating though.. I'll just make sure I always always always have my charger on me.

calric

you know, i play LoL on balanced all the time and i usually get a flat 60 and i never lag or anything even while just on battery.

have you checked the temp on your video card while playing or your cpu/ram usages while playing? i mean, 20 fps sounds like something else might be going on. maybe change the power settings to balanced while unplugged for one or two games and see if that helps.