test

Ordered mine!

Lighttamer

I have ordered mine on monday, should leave the factory on june 28. I can't wait :(

I7 4900mq up to 4ghz
16gb ram 1600mhz
W7 hp 64bit
Nvidia gtx 780m 4gb gddr5
750gb hdd + 64gb ssd
And some basic stuff with no other options xp

yikes81

congrats on the order! the wait can be the toughest part of owning an AW, but worth it all.

Falcon

I have ordered mine on monday, should leave the factory on june 28. I can't wait :(

I7 4900mq up to 4ghz
16gb ram 1600mhz
W7 hp 64bit
Nvidia gtx 780m 4gb gddr5
750gb hdd + 64gb ssd
And some basic stuff with no other options xp

Hope you've received your gig by now. Thats one hell of config. - waiting for pumped up Benchmark scores from you.
Anyway thought that SSD could have been better 'cause its the tech to be ruled for years to come.
:cool:

Sarah

I'm going to order one of these on Monday. I just can't decide whether to go for the 4800MQ or the 4900MQ. My head says the extra cost won't be worth it for a slightly higher clock speed but my heart is saying otherwise! I want to use the machine for setting up virtual machine environments as well as doing some gaming.

MattyB

I'm going to order one of these on Monday. I just can't decide whether to go for the 4800MQ or the 4900MQ. My head says the extra cost won't be worth it for a slightly higher clock speed but my heart is saying otherwise! I want to use the machine for setting up virtual machine environments as well as doing some gaming.

Welcome! If you can afford it, go for it! Otherwise you really won't see any huge difference. I would do it though, but that's just me :)

Lighttamer

I haven't gotten my rig yet they delayed the edd to end of august and suddenly they cancel my order and just put up a new one, after 2 weeks of the new order they also cancelled it so i bought myself an msi gt70 2od with the same stuff but a 2x 128 gb ssd on top of the 750 gb hdd the only thing thats lower is the 4700 processor but i dont mind cause its only for gaming.

Sarah

Welcome! If you can afford it, go for it! Otherwise you really won't see any huge difference. I would do it though, but that's just me :)

Thanks! Decided on the 4900MQ in the end because you can never have enough power! Also threw in the GTX 780 and 256GB SSD + 750GB hard drive options so it should be quite a machine. I also found a couple of vouchers to save 7% and free delivery and I'm just waiting to see if my credit card provider will process the payment. I have the money in the bank to pay it back but credit card is a safer way to pay online IMO.

Sarah

Machine has now been moved to pre-production with an estimated delivery date of July 30. I'm hoping that everything goes smoothly and that it arrives on time.

Falcon

Yeah they are delaying the shipping dates a lot a friend of mine says.

But its worth to wait. You wont feel the kick of this wait once you receive it. LOL.

Sarah

Yeah they are delaying the shipping dates a lot a friend of mine says.

But its worth to wait. You wont feel the kick of this wait once you receive it. LOL.

Eek, don't say such things! :( This is my first Alienware machine so I'm pretty excited about getting it :p And seeing as this will be my 6th laptop from Dell I'm hoping they'll dish out some valued customer service and ship it nice and promptly. Having said though, my XPS 15 laptop was delayed by 6 weeks around Xmas 2011 :(