test

Over clocking your m18x , good or bad idea ?

Sleepy

I wanted to start a thread about over clocking Alienware laptops , as I see some threads from about a year ago where people's opinion is that over clocking gpu and or CPU is a bad idea due to space and heat restrictions .

But it seems to me that opinions are or have now changed and lots of people are doing it to boost power for fun and to fix issues sometimes ?

Please tell me what you think about over clocking either your gpu or CPU on your Alienware laptop .

( Iv had a go at over clocking my gpu and so far it seems to be running ok ) but I would like to know what the rest of the forum thinks ?

Thx

Meaker

<b>Retailer</b>
As always as long as you watch the temps you are good to go really.

My little MSI has no issues at 4.2ghz CPU (4 core turbo) and 1033/2650 on my 680M so I think your 18 inch beast should cope.

Mr. Fox

It will come as no suprise that I agree with Meaker. I would very quickly lose interest in any system that I could not overclock.

Meaker

<b>Retailer</b>
*sigh* yeah, it's true, that's why I moved on from the GX60 so quickly, if I could have found a way to clock the CPU it would have been a great system, AMD had to lock it down with an anvil though.

yikes81

I suppose it depends on what you are after. Some people like Mr. Fox and meaker would like every last drop of performance. So it's worth it.

But someone like me, where I would probably not notice it, and also that I couldn't be arsed putting that much effort in. Not worth it.

Sent via Tapatalk

Meaker

<b>Retailer</b>
Well my overclocking adds the majority of the performance of your card onto mine :p