test

Overlord tempest monitor (1440p) glory!!!

sway

So I just clicked the pay now button to confirm my purchase of this monitor, http://www.overlordcomputer.com/overlord_tempest_X270ME_pixel_perfect_display_p/ot_x270me_pp.htm.

I've been doing nothing but screen research lately and learned a lot i didn't know. I was set on getting the "china" monitors, achevia shimian, or crossover. I read countless posts on a variety of different forums and stumbled across the overlord. For those who don't know overlord is a "china" monitor BUT this is where it gets good, it comes with a warranty and a few different choices with several prices for everyone.

The screen is what is used in the apple cinema display just different housing, the guy at overlord puts a better housing and mount, warranties them, hand checks for dead pixels etc... if you spend a tad extra. He communicates fast and I've been back and fourth with him on a few questions. He's got a few that you can even oc to get higher hz up to 120 hz which is unheard of in a monitor of this price even at this resolution honestly.

If you read all this thank you, trying to get this out there a lil more bc this is honestly the cheapest and safest option I've found to game at higher resolution. You gamble with the ones oversees big time, I didn't wanna take that risk, and not everyone wants 3d, it's cool but I get headaches fast from gaming in 3d on my ps3.

This will be a review and pics well be up as soon as I receive it hopefully in a few days. One more thing im totally lost as to what gpu I need to get, I've been back and fourth with the 4gb 670 ftw, and 3gb 660 ti, gaming at higher settings Ima need something good.

tappin from the aokp running Nexus

VagrantXeth

Nice, color me intrigued. I would definintely consider picking up one of these bad boys!

sway

So I finally got my monitor and this thing is a beast, the picture looks amazing. I haven't gamed yet bc of some hdd issues but im working on it. For the price, warranty and quality for the price you can't beat this monitor.

I'll update this when I test it a lil more, and update with way better pics, here's a tease.

tappin from the aokp running Nexus

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1352856805293.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352856805293.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 8
  • uploadfromtaptalk1352856839226.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352856839226.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 7