PC Freeze While I am Playing Games

gal122

Oct 4, 2014
Israel
Hello, my aurora is almost 1 year old.I keep having the same problem even after i contacted dell tech support.The problem is that when i am playing games,the computer randomly freezes with loud sound and the only way i can fix it is to turn it off and on again.Dell replaced my GPU but its still happening.
I read somewhere that i should disable overclock settings.
Do i really need to do that?if yes how and why my computer cant act with this settings?
If no what do you think i should do.
Thanks Gal

MattyB

Mar 19, 2012
Adelaide, Australia
You can go onto www.dell.com to see all the drivers for your machine. You will need your Service Tag which is on the back of your Aurora on a sticker. Enter this number where it tells you to. Go through all of the drivers and download/install the latest version of each. If you already have the latest one then it usually tells you as you're trying to install it. Before you upgrade your BIOS just check which one you already have. Go into the BIOS menu when you start your machine and it should tell you your current version. Don't update this if you don't need to. Make sure you read the instructions on how to update it too before you do it too. It can be problematic if you don't update a BIOS correctly.