test

PC Gamepad?

Ronsan

Curious? I have had a relationship with consoles for a long time starting with Atari, Nintendo, Sega, & Playstatiion. I have always been a console gamer and am accustomed to playing games with a controller. When I did my order online I saw they had a Microsoft Xbox 360 wireless controller for Windows that I got. I had a friend tell me about a Logitech Gamepad that is more like a PS3 controller (http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Rumblepad-Vibration-Feedback-Gamepad/dp/B0002XJBG4) He told me that not all PC games can be used with a controller without another program like Xpadder or MotionJoy. Can anyone enlighten me and tell me how these programs work?

yikes81

Some games will require you to map keys to the buttons. I haven't really looked into this before as I prefer mouse and keyboard.

The xbox 360 wired controller is a plug n play, I think. If you want the wireless controller, you need the wireless adapter as well.

Sent via Tapatalk

BlackJair

I segond The wired Xbox controller, it will be easer for you to play xD

Ronsan

I ended up getting the Logitech Wireless Gamepad F710, it's awesome!

sway

Those times you have to use a program to map the key layouts, it's a HUGE pita. I gave up trying to do it a while back on bf3 an some others, the only one I had to stick through the trouble was need for speed BC I don't have a wheel.

tappin from the Note II

Ronsan

I got mine off Amazon and it worked fine for FC3, just plug-n-play.

Sora3

i just dont like the design of the gamepad it just doesnt look at all like my ps3 controller. i choose the xbox wireless one from dells website (had a 60$ gift card from when i bought my m14) and it works like a charm games i have tried. bf3, cod4, assassins creed series, mirrors edge. just plug in play no problem.

Ronsan

It's more like the PS3 controller so I feel more comfortable playing. I tried the Xbox controller 1st that I bought with my Aurora from Dell and just seemed weird. Then again I've never played on an Xbox.

jacobberke

It's more like the PS3 controller so I feel more comfortable playing. I tried the Xbox controller 1st that I bought with my Aurora from Dell and just seemed weird. Then again I've never played on an Xbox.

I have the Xbox controller since that's the controller im use too.

Where did you get it from? Been thinking about getting one for my X51 which is using my big screen

I think I got it from Dick Smith's for about $70 ?
Anyway its a good wireless controller with great battery life - longer than xbox controller...
Never had any problems except a lack of USB 2.0 ports on the R4!

VagrantXeth

I have been using a 360 contoller and I am super happy with it. The plug and play thing is definitely a plus. And I like how the home button works with Steam. Just my two cents.

Dingleman

I got the F710 little while ago as I didn't feel like being limited by wires or having to deal with that silly Xbox adapter, which can have driver issues. In any case the F710 was a bit odd getting used to cuz it feels like a hybrid of a ps3 and Xbox controllers. The triggers initially did not feel natural but after about a week I started to love it. So far it worked on every game I tried without any type of mapping. In fact, with the exception of BF3, the games also seemed to be fully aware of the type of controller I was using and would even refer to its buttons during tutorials. For example, press B to reload rather than right click or whatever. Anyway, great controller and highly recommended. Can usually snag them for about $35.