PC Gamepad?

Ronsan

Mar 25, 2013
Sulphur, LA
Curious? I have had a relationship with consoles for a long time starting with Atari, Nintendo, Sega, & Playstatiion. I have always been a console gamer and am accustomed to playing games with a controller. When I did my order online I saw they had a Microsoft Xbox 360 wireless controller for Windows that I got. I had a friend tell me about a Logitech Gamepad that is more like a PS3 controller (http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Rumblepad-Vibration-Feedback-Gamepad/dp/B0002XJBG4) He told me that not all PC games can be used with a controller without another program like Xpadder or MotionJoy. Can anyone enlighten me and tell me how these programs work?

Some games will require you to map keys to the buttons. I haven't really looked into this before as I prefer mouse and keyboard.

The xbox 360 wired controller is a plug n play, I think. If you want the wireless controller, you need the wireless adapter as well.

Sent via Tapatalk

sway

Apr 12, 2012
Houston
Those times you have to use a program to map the key layouts, it's a HUGE pita. I gave up trying to do it a while back on bf3 an some others, the only one I had to stick through the trouble was need for speed BC I don't have a wheel.

tappin from the Note II

Sora3

Mar 1, 2013
Earth
i just dont like the design of the gamepad it just doesnt look at all like my ps3 controller. i choose the xbox wireless one from dells website (had a 60$ gift card from when i bought my m14) and it works like a charm games i have tried. bf3, cod4, assassins creed series, mirrors edge. just plug in play no problem.

Ronsan

Mar 25, 2013
Sulphur, LA
images

It's more like the PS3 controller so I feel more comfortable playing. I tried the Xbox controller 1st that I bought with my Aurora from Dell and just seemed weird. Then again I've never played on an Xbox.

I got the F710 little while ago as I didn't feel like being limited by wires or having to deal with that silly Xbox adapter, which can have driver issues. In any case the F710 was a bit odd getting used to cuz it feels like a hybrid of a ps3 and Xbox controllers. The triggers initially did not feel natural but after about a week I started to love it. So far it worked on every game I tried without any type of mapping. In fact, with the exception of BF3, the games also seemed to be fully aware of the type of controller I was using and would even refer to its buttons during tutorials. For example, press B to reload rather than right click or whatever. Anyway, great controller and highly recommended. Can usually snag them for about $35.