Please help, X51 not booting

Steve Lamb

Hi, my son has a Alienware X51 r1, but with the newer power board. everything was ok until today, yesterday i upgraded to Windows 10 and most things were ok, except the odd game not working. Today i started to re-install his games and the next thing it said there was a hard-drive issue?

I unplugged and plugged the hard drive back in and now the X51 wont boot up.???

the power turns on and the fan's start, but after that NOTHING. no boot screen, nothing.

i've tried unplugging everything and holding the power button etc and nothing happens.

please help me sort this out for my son.

thanks

Steve Lamb

thanks for the replay, i tried that and it still wont start. i'm not hearing any bleeps, hard drive sound.....just fans start and nothing.

99taws6

I would pull and reseat the stuff. If you didn't mess with the processor and you didn't unplug any power supply cables and stuff. It is probably something simple. Just look for something out of place

Steve Lamb

Ive just done that as advised. still nothing. i had my old R1 powerboard so i put that back in (just in case of power board fault) but with the old one in, its the same problem. IF the hard-drive was faulty, it would still boot up into boot/bios check????

Steve Lamb

the x51 has a hdmi from the motherboard but ive tried the lead in there and from my GPU and no change

Steve Lamb

Ok. I pulled the GPU and no difference. Then I swooped hard-drive for a old spare and that didn't work either. Do you think Motherboard????