Pointless BOASTING!

WaLkAwaY

A favorite forum I visit has this thread and another so I thought I would introduce them here and see how they do.

Pointless (or pointful) random boasting. Could be about almost anything you are proud of doing or accomplishing. Keep it clean please.

So I will go first:

Before I got sick I had again successfully completed 1 month (31 consecutive days) of 535's or running 5 miles in 35 minutes.

I didn't had bath for 22 days, beat that :p

while that was something pointless because of my laziness back in the day, I also because of a very bad accident when I broke my face in 2009 (my jaw came off and was literally hanging) I had a surgery of course and didn't eat anything at all and hardly drank for survival for about 2 months (which included my 18th birthday and one of my close friends)
Now I don't know whether that is something to boast about but oh well there you go.

MattyB

Staff member
I won the 800m and 1500m races at school for 4 years in a row (years 8-11). I only ran because our House Master forced us to complete against other 'houses' (private school). I never trained and never joined the athletics team. I usually ate copious amounts of sugar before each race. The House Master left the school after I finished year 11 so I didn't run in year 12 and never ran again.

That's about the only achievement I have ever accomplished.

MattyB

Staff member
i would love to have one of those older style cases! They have serious attitude!

holeyguy66

yes they do and im working on getting the p2 running for my wife the p1 has to be completely took apart and repainted usps played football with it

Last edited:

DDuB420

Over the last few days Ive been upgrading a Acer Revo NetTop so I could use it for a HTPC/XBMC/BOXEE for my Bedroom TV.
I picked up the Revo 3610 off a local Buy and sell website (kijiji.ca) for $60 used. It came with a super slow 160GB 5400 RPM HDD, so I upgraded it with a 60GB Corsair Force SSD I had lying around in my hardware drawer. It had one gig of DDR2 RAM installed, I purchased an over priced set of Corsair 2X2GB RAM ($75) @ 800mhz and installed it. I repasted the CPU and I currently I have it running Windows 7 Pro x64 like a champ, no issues what so ever. Streaming/Transferring files have no issues with this little guy since I have a decent Wireless USB adapter installed.

I got an idea that I wanted to velcro it to the back of my TV, hide it for a cleaner look. So I went out to my local Walmart and picked up some Velcro strips.
I was going to just put a couple strips on it and call it a day, but I got bored and covered the Revo in velcro lol :)

Here are some pics of the TV install....

Overall Im happy with the turn out. :cool:

Last edited:

MattyB

Staff member
I make the best spicy sticky BBQ ribs ever!! :D

IMG_0841.jpg

dam even my mouth is watering now!

besides it's funny as this was supposedly for "pointless boasting" and if I were in one of your place I would have been proud lol

MattyB

Staff member
I am proud. I'm so proud that I'm boasting about it even though it's not terribly important, aka 'pointless'. :p

yikes81

So when is the party happening at your place MattyB? And is all of AWO invited?

Sent via Tapatalk

MattyB

Staff member
I have BBQ's all the time. Maybe I can host the first annual AWO anniversary! :cool:

DDuB420

Over the last few days Ive been upgrading a Acer Revo NetTop so I could use it for a HTPC/XBMC/BOXEE for my Bedroom TV.
I picked up the Revo 3610 off a local Buy and sell website (kijiji.ca) for $60 used. It came with a super slow 160GB 5400 RPM HDD, so I upgraded it with a 60GB Corsair Force SSD I had lying around in my hardware drawer. It had one gig of DDR2 RAM installed, I purchased an over priced set of Corsair 2X2GB RAM ($75) @ 800mhz and installed it. I repasted the CPU and I currently I have it running Windows 7 Pro x64 like a champ, no issues what so ever. Streaming/Transferring files have no issues with this little guy since I have a decent Wireless USB adapter installed.

I got an idea that I wanted to velcro it to the back of my TV, hide it for a cleaner look. So I went out to my local Walmart and picked up some Velcro strips.
I was going to just put a couple strips on it and call it a day, but I got bored and covered the Revo in velcro lol :)

Here are some pics of the TV install....

Overall Im happy with the turn out. :cool:
I came up with a pretty ingenius way to control my HTPC from my bed and virtually anywhere within my wifi's range.
I use my Work iPhone 4S and an iPhone Bluetooth Slider QWERTY Keyboard case.
Connect the Case to the iPhone via BT
Connect the iPhone and HTPC to the Home Wifi Network
Installed RealVNC on my iPhone and HTPC, with the VNC Server running on the HTPC.
I use the VNC Viewer app on my iPhone 4S to remotely View and Control the HTPC (Touch screen handles all mouse controls using Digital HUD and swipe gestures) Keyboard can be used at same time as the touch screen mouse, which is very convenient :cool:

Now I'am Very Happy with my setup :cool:

yikes81

I have BBQ's all the time. Maybe I can host the first annual AWO anniversary! :cool:
That my friend sounds like an awesome idea. Now how many people would actually head over to Adelaide, Australia?