(POLL) Alienware 15 USB powershare Issue..Urgent HELP Needed..

chinmaycub

I have an Alienware 15 laptop( i5/8gb/2gb). I am facing an issue with the USB 3.0 Powershare port. And android device connected to the power share port keeps on getting connected and disconnected continuousl but works fine in the remaining 3 USB ports.Dell and Microsoft have been working on it from past 4 months and after multiple support sessions and hardware replacements the issue is still unresolved. Dell has completely given up and is claiming that the USB 3.0 Power share ports algorithm is not supported by the android devices. I have also contacted various mobile manufacturers for the same. Unfortunately Dell and Microsoft could not get an alienware or a similar system to test the Android compatibility with USB 3.0 powershare port.

Please tell me if any of you has faced this issue/ and resolution. And I will be thankful if you could test the Android devices on your Alienwares and tell me if they are working in the powersahre port or not. Pls mention the device tested , its firmware and if possible the Alienware specs.

Thanks a lot!!! Any help will be appreciated.

Vats

I have an Alienware 15 laptop( i5/8gb/2gb). I am facing an issue with the USB 3.0 Powershare port. And android device connected to the power share port keeps on getting connected and disconnected continuousl but works fine in the remaining 3 USB ports.Dell and Microsoft have been working on it from past 4 months and after multiple support sessions and hardware replacements the issue is still unresolved. Dell has completely given up and is claiming that the USB 3.0 Power share ports algorithm is not supported by the android devices. I have also contacted various mobile manufacturers for the same. Unfortunately Dell and Microsoft could not get an alienware or a similar system to test the Android compatibility with USB 3.0 powershare port.

Please tell me if any of you has faced this issue/ and resolution. And I will be thankful if you could test the Android devices on your Alienwares and tell me if they are working in the powersahre port or not. Pls mention the device tested , its firmware and if possible the Alienware specs.

Thanks a lot!!! Any help will be appreciated.

New R2 is under delivery, will receive in few days. Shall test and post results for you :)