test

power surge on hub port

shankc

A USB device has Exceeded power Limits of USB hub was the error I have been getting when I have been pluging in my iphone and its happened with my Xbox controllers wireless connector. It says I have to unplug device and then reset usb. Has anyone had this happen to them and if so how did you fix it as it keep happening many thanks in advance for any help

forJAT

A USB device has Exceeded power Limits of USB hub was the error I have been getting when I have been pluging in my iphone and its happened with my Xbox controllers wireless connector. It says I have to unplug device and then reset usb. Has anyone had this happen to them and if so how did you fix it as it keep happening many thanks in advance for any help

I am going to assume your USB hub does not plug into the wall. If it does not your using too much power for the hub. I have this problem with my old Logitech G series key boards there are 2 USBs but I could not use them because it drew too much power. Bad thing with a powered USB hub well is you got another wall connector .. I want to say I have see some that utilize 2 of the USB ports to provide adequate power to the hub.

If you do have a powered usb hub, I suggest you stop using it and get another one. The problem could be in the hub itself, the cord, or the USB port on the computer.

and the final option is not to use all the USBs at once. :)

shankc

Hi forjat how's things,when I plug my iPhone into my R4 I get the error power surge on hub port then I have to resset the USB port it only happens now and then but its a worry in case it leads to something more

forJAT

Hi forjat how's things,when I plug my iPhone into my R4 I get the error power surge on hub port then I have to resset the USB port it only happens now and then but its a worry in case it leads to something more

ah I see I thought you meant an external USB hub ... I would definitely have that looked at ... if it just happened recently do a system restore to before it started happening. I just chunked out a high dollar battery charger because the led charging lights were acting funny going off and on and then not turning on. My theory is that if this charger has a chip and electronics in it to provide the right charge to my batteries at just the right flow and does not allow over charging that can damage my batteries and possibly cause an explosion or venting. Why would I trust it if the lights were not working. I err o on the side of caution most of the time. I think you said you were still under warranty .. I would take advantage of it.

shankc

The only thing is since I posted about my USB it hasn't happened I meant to take a screenshot when it happened last but forgot (sods law) just so I can send screenshot to dell I'm still under warranty till December and I'm going to extend it another 3 years. I would rather be safe than sorry and by the way nice to see your level1 badge sweet you will be past me soon lol sorry I took so long to get back dogs started wining had to take them walkies