test

Pre-planning on my ALX upgrade

MattyB

Since I have bought an old Aurora ALX from Ebay, I have been excited thinking about the things I want to do to it. I will probably do pretty much an entire rebuild of all the major parts. I was hoping for some advice on what to buy and if the items that I'm thinking of would be suitable/compatible. I realise that some of this stuff could be seen as excessive considering what I would use the machine for but I always think that bigger is better. Go hard or go home! :D

I haven't even got the machine yet so I may be counting my chickens before they hatch. Something could go wrong and I may never get it!

So far my wishlist consists of:

ASUS Sabertooth X79 Motherboard
Intel i7-3930K
2 x EVGA GeForce GTX 680 2GB Superclocked Signature (SLI)
OCZ Vertex 4 256GB SSD
2 x Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD in RAID 1

I have a 4 x 4GB 1600 Corsair Vengeance LP RAM kit at home already so I will throw that it for now.

Apart from these items, I still need help working out what liquid cooling to go for, ugrades to the power supply, the sound card and anything else that will be needed.

This will be the first time I have done anything like this so as much imput as possible would be great. I'm sure people out there have made some mistakes that I am likely to make so I would love to hear any of that stuff too.

Thanks in advance.