predator 1 rebuild

Andrew_J994

Aug 10, 2016
hi rebuilding an old predator 1 but am wondering what the small blue box in front bay is for it has AC/DC plug s, any help would be good . Thanks, OK found out what it is
The blue box is not a sound module if thats what your'e wondering its a ac converter for the cool cathode neon tubes it converts power from the PSU to power the lights can use i have the same thing in mine and make sure all the cables leading to it are plugged in

Andrew_J994

Aug 10, 2016
OK found out what it is , just cant get front alien head to light any ideas ?
Hi if your still having trouble with your alien head light, there should be either a red or black wire (been awhile since ive been in my machine(i have the same case)) leading from the blue box up through where the door hinges are make sure that your wire is connected to the converter and the head( you may have to disassemble your door panel to access the connection.) If the connections are there and the light is dead then so is my post. hope this helps if you are reading.

Roy Hibbs

Nov 29, 2016
If they don't let me know ok cause I have them out of a predator 1 ok and do you have the mobo and everything cause I have an alienware Intel core 2 quad on an sli 680I board and 8 gig of ocz gold series 1066 ddr2 ram and a water cooler for the cpu

Roy Hibbs

Nov 29, 2016
That's cool if you need anything or any help please feel free to ask I have a bachelors in IT and have been building repairing and upgrading buying and selling computers for over 20 yrs ok so if you need some advice or a tip I'm here for you ok