Prem. AlienRespawn or Acronis True Image 2013

forJAT

okay Title pretty much says it all. I am leaning towards the 3 pack Acronis for $80,(either that or get x2 of the 1 packs for $49.99 they have a buy one get one free deal going on right now so for a Benji can get 4 copies of it) BUT if the AleinRespawn is just better then I will bite the bullet and go that route.

here are the AlienReapawn features:

1360962589612.Capture.JPG

NO image of Acronis True Image features:

http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/#overview

- - - - - Updated; Double Post Auto Merged - - - - -

I am still leaning towards Acronis True Image 2013 unless someone can tell me why otherwise ..

Any advice appreciated! :)

shankc

Hi forJAT what is this for is it for cloning Harddrive to solid-state or just for backup purposes and how you getting on with the new woman in your life lol :)

- - - - - Updated; Double Post Auto Merged - - - - -

If it is just for backup, windows can create backup to disc or external HDD and a system image. Although that's windows 7 not to sure if windows 8 has this function but I would of thought it would and its free but I do have a copy of Acronis and it does have more backup options

forJAT

LOL, Trust my wife begged for this beauty in front of me ... LOL but yeah it is basically be just a back up system should something happen. I am notorious for letting my system go for A LONG time with our reformatting or reinstalling. It is just a hassle for me to reinstall everything. But I would also be using as the transfer to my SSD when I get it.

Going to look at the windows back up options. AlienRespawn can back up with out going premier. Eventually I want a home NAS where all my computers will back up on a schedule. One thing I have learned is that you can never have enough backups LOL .

Does the Windows back up go byte for byte? I mean if I have a 750gb main drive would I have to back up actually 750g or does it do some sort of compression.

For as much as I harp to my friends and co workers about backing up their systems. I seem to be the worst offender of my own advice. lol

shankc

Hi forJat if you make a USB image with respawn know that will be good for image transfer to ssd but do that asap so your not carrying over any disc errors to your ssd and then this is a free programme called gparted that can check your partition alignment and align it if it needs be. As for compression on the windows backup I'm unsure. But you can pick and choose what files you want backed up,unless you create system image with windows. That's what I do once a month to an external Harddrive or to my second storage HDD. Which will be possible for you when you put that beast off a ssd in. Hope this helps m8

forJAT

Thanks Shankc.. once I get my SSD I am going to just start from scratch with an install. I had install and uninstall some stuff for work and I don't want that stuff on my leisure pc. Thanks for the input but I think I am going to go with the Acronis 3 pack I am going set up a home network NAT and have all the computer back up to it automatically. Acronis is a trusted name and it would be cheaper for me concerning having to get my main pcs backed up regularly.