test

Problems with M17xR3

hi9

This has all happened within the last month.

------------------------------------------

First the USB ports stopped working, so Dell replaced the motherboard. Then the Wi-Fi decided to go, so they replaced that. The Graphics card was then having severe performance issues after an hour of game-play, i tried re-installing with no success so they replaced the card. Throughout these repairs i've re-installed Windows around 6 times

So after replacing the motherboard, Graphics card and Wi-Fi a few more problems came to light...

I was using the laptop last night, and the Wi-Fi was cutting off every twenty minutes or so, and the Graphics card was having the same performance issues. I restart the laptop and it pops up with Startup repair so i decide to re-install windows. Now after re-installing Windows twice the same Startup repair option pops up.

-------------------------------------------

FAQ -

I've re-installed all the drivers in the right order.

I've tried multiple versions, and non-beta version of the drivers.

I've used Alien-Respawn and a fresh Windows re-install.

I've looked around this forum and you all seem to be very helpful ! So what should i do now, would it be ideal to ask for a replacement, if so how would i go about asking them ?

AeonSoul

Well can you be more specific? What kind of issues is your graphic card having? What kind of card that is? And if you can provide some more infos on your system specs that's helpfull aswell.

But, all in all if your system is still under warranty and after various componenets replacemnts it's still giving you troubles then yeah, you might consider asking for a refund or a whole new system.

MattyB

I agree. I would be fairly pissed off right now if that was happening to me. I was just thinking yesterday how well my M17x R3 has gone so far (touch wood). Hit them up for a replacement! Sometimes electronics just seem to have a hidden bug that can never be found.

yikes81

Personally I would ask for a whole new system. They have replaced a majority of the laptop already as it is, and issues keep arising.

Sent via Tapatalk

DDuB420

If your still under warranty, Im with yikes81, get a replacement refurb.

hi9

Thanks for all the responses ? They want me to send it to a center where they can identify and confirm all the problems, the rep i was speaking to told me this would take up to 10 business days :(, anyway to get around this ?

hi9

Okay they told me that they cannot replace it since i am not the original owner. I brought the laptop brand new from eBay and it came with a year warranty, i've now been told that they can only repair it and not replace it. Is this really true ?

yikes81

Yeh. I have heard that this can happen from buying from auctions. There might be a clause somewhere. Can you ask them to show you. Where it states that in the warranty?

Sent via Tapatalk

Dell has a back track record far as my experiences go with ownership i got an alienware from bestbuy a couple of years ago and i had issues proving ownership or transferring ownership my mom has a dell same issue why i got this alienware laptop i am on now from alienware its self from there home websight but i agree with everyone else on here hopefully you can get this sorted out and enjoy one of the best systems ever made oh only problems i had on both my alienware systems was a hard drive crashing in raid 0 and having the hard drive replaced and speakers on my laptop went to the crapper both replaced no charged and in home installed so i got no complaints good luck