Question Regarding The BIOS

ViolentSound

Hello all,

I'm new to this forum, though I am not a new alienware owner, I've had my rig for about three years now.

I have a quick question regarding Bios..I've been having issues in regards to playing high performance games, driver failure, BSOD and TDR issues. I've tried troubleshooting a lot of things, and I've done pretty much everything but upgrade my bios. Its currently version A11. I read somewhere that having an outdated Bios can cause instability with drivers and GPU related processes. I'm not sure if this is true, but I though I'd ask for someone who has more knowledge then me regarding this issue. So my question is, should I upgrade my Bios from A11 to A12?

BrokeHombre

Yes go ahead and update your bios, it can't hurt. Once your bios is updated, make sure all your drivers are updated, then do the windows updates. Use a registry cleaner like CCleaner to clean all your temp files and broken registry keys etc..
If you still have issues after that, you will need to troubleshoot a little deeper...hope this helps