test

Questioning My Graphic Choice

DeRon1

I have been having nightmares over the decision I made to go with the 2GB GDDR5 Nvidia GeForce GTX 660M to go alongside of my 17.3-inch WideFHD 1920 x 1080 120Hz NVIDIA 3D Vision Bundle! I'm thinking that because I went with the stock GPU that my 3D gaming is going to suffer! grrrrr grrrr grrrrrr:mad::mad::( Do you think my mistake will be costly or will I not suffer much! Mind you my gaming is primarily done on my ps3 but i'm in the transition stages to PC gaming:D

MattyB

I'm sure you'll be perfectly OK with the 660. It's all too late now anyway so you are much better off just enjoying the great machine that you have coming to you. It will be fine for playing all the games you want anyway. There will be a difference in FPS compared to the better GPU's but it really won't make that much difference at the end of the day. You could probably upgrade the GPU yourself later if you can get your hands on a 675M or 680M from somewhere. Don't think they are readily available though.

You'll be fine though. Relax.

yikes81

One thing that I have learnt is ... once you have made your purchase. Stop thinking about it. Otherwise buyers regret could sink in.
I have the 580M and its damn awesome!

Besides, unless you have robotic eyes, you cannot register any difference above and beyond 25fps.

Maelstrom

One thing that I have learnt is ... once you have made your purchase. Stop thinking about it. Otherwise buyers regret could sink in.
I have the 580M and its damn awesome!

Besides, unless you have robotic eyes, you cannot register any difference above and beyond 25fps.

I actually think that the human eye takes information at around 60FPS. Which may be why it's the performance benchmark for most graphics cards to get to.

yikes81

I actually think that the human eye takes information at around 60FPS. Which may be why it's the performance benchmark for most graphics cards to get to.

I think the 60fps is more related to the fact that most TN monitors refresh at 60Hz and therefore you are maximizing the potential of the screen.

The human eye+brain sees 25fps as a fluid smooth motion. Anything above this will allow the same image to be shown twice, even three times so that you can get a much smoother sensation when playing fast paced action games.

Most graphics companies will keep pushing FPS higher as a bragging right to show how powerful their hardware is. Anything beyond two or three of the same image causes strain on the person playing. So the extra images become header frames / gap fillers.

DeRon1

I will soon see if my choices are going to pay off!! It is now at my home and Black ops ll will be played very soon! my only problem now is will a controller like a the logitech (cordless precision G-X5C11A) will work or do I have to invest in a bigger better way of controling. I never have been that great with the mouse control systems and i would like to continue with the consol type controllers

MattyB

I don't know how people can love controllers so much. The only one I could ever use was the N64 one. Give me a keyboard and mouse any day!! :cool: