test

R3 takes ages to boot up

Ianm63

It takes a full 2 mins to boot before you can use it, I know that's not that long but you compare it to my other laptop (5 year old HP NC6320 with 4gb ram, 1.6ghz, 80gb h/d) which boots and ready to work in about 1 minute, the AW's a bloody joke!. It's not as if I've got alot of stuff on it (AW) I havent, just before I got it the guy did a clean install and everything went normal. It shuts ok and quick enough, just starting it, for such a powerfull machine it's very slow.

There's nothing I've noticed runing in the background on start up, so I'm kind of stumpted....or is there something I'm overlooking

Last edited:

Maelstrom

There isn't any reason for it to take that long to start up. There's something going on within that you don't know about that's causing it to do that. I can't figure out what's wrong off the info that you've displayed here though.

Ianm63

I'm not that clued up them so cant be much more help other than saying what the spec is - i7 2.6, 6gb ram, 500 gb h/d's (2 x 250), 6970m card...done know hellish much about clock speeds ect and cant be much regards that if that's what maybe causing it. It shuts off in about 10-15 secs which I take it's fine, just the booting up, it's hellish.

I'm actually using the older laptop more often because of this - I'd thought of doing installing W7 again, my own disc and se how it goes, if there's no diffirence I might need to take it the local shop and get them to check it.

I dont remember my last R4 being like this - you could easily start it (R3 that is), go and make tea, come back and it'd be ready - that's not right

jackgarcia7

Its very common for users to blame the laptop manufacture for slow boot times, but its more like user error or OS change. Are your disc drives in a raid setting? Did you install//uninstall a big program? Did you have updates pending and shutdown prematurely? Who did your fresh install, there is correct way to install and install drivers. Most people use the lets install everything out of order technique. With this information I can further assist you.

yikes81

Can you check the processes that are running after a boot, and see what is there?

nhorn1983

i would upgrade to an ssd hard drive for the os my r2 boots up in around 28 seconds with one

noitulive

My R3 boots up under 30 seconds. Do you still have your warranty? Back up your stuff and get a tech guy to come over and get it running better again?