test

RAM id help

dimeolas

Older Aurora that's been in the closet for a year. Now its needed for some graphics software and I`d like to add more ram BUT cant pin down what I need.
The service tag is rubbed away in parts and on the alienware website my acct is not found anymore.
I got it at Best Buy a few years back. Has the I7 920 2.67 dual quadcore...
8 Gigs of ram ....upon opening the side theres 6 cards with three slots that I can pull out. They are 2gigs each and all I can manage to read on them is what looks like PC3 1500
The graphics card is a GeForce GTX260. Would like to put in three 8gig cards sooo
If anyone can help and point out what RAM I can use would greatly appreciate it. Have been searching Dell/Alienware and Google for a few hours to no avail.
Thanks,
Scott

shankc

Hi scott why don't you try a site like crucial.com as their is a program that scans your computer and tells you exactly what is compatible and the even guarantee compatibility if you buy off them. Hope that helps

dimeolas

Hi scott why don't you try a site like crucial.com as their is a program that scans your computer and tells you exactly what is compatible and the even guarantee compatibility if you buy off them. Hope that helps

Thanks, have tried but there are so dang many models and not exactly sure the model number. Have moved and the papers were lost :(