Random Clips of Shmoo!

WaLkAwaY

Just a quick note about this thread. These game plays starting from this first post span about a month of me being back into gaming. They eventually get better as I get my groove back. And teh editing quality gets better with the more I learn and experiment.

Well I was trying to not shamelessly up my post count by posting each one of these descriptions and videos in a separate post, but after I went through all the work to keep it simple the forum made me post each one separately, sorry.

A little back ground is that I was in SWAT for a really long time, actually knew them a long time before I actually joined. I then took a couple of years off of gaming and did not play with them. I left SWAT and ironically started playing again. I did not go back because the decision was made and I did not want to seem wishy washy.

Second game back playing FPS after not having played anything other than bots in BO, few games of COD4 a long time ago with LA crew and a couple of games of MW2 awhile ago.

Not a good start but at least we won.
[video=youtube;HMbOUJhY7Ls]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMbOUJhY7Ls[/video]

Last edited:

WaLkAwaY

Okay this is going to probably be painful for some of you to watch. But hopefully you find some of the things in it funny as I am sure they have happened to a number of you. Apologies for the editing all I did was use fade for the beginnings of each map clip except for one where the fade would have greatly reduced the view of the clip as it was not very long. I tried to fix the pause on Dome but when I edited out part of it it made the two halves not mesh very well. There would have been commentary but for some reason my big computer hates my headsets. So you get a written commentary instead. :)

First off I get camped by my friend “the plague”, with the second view from third person.

00:25 I get two kills and then get camped by “Jadecommando”. Also with a third person view.

00:50 I get a kill and run out of the alley into the street only to see the 3 musty queers setting up shop on top of a van. Also with a third person perspective.

01:20 I do a dance with someone who has worse aim than I do. Third person view put in for funnies.

01:38 I survive a near miss from a predator missile and die from a bullet a second later. In retrospect it would have been nice to get this third person but I did not think about it until I was typing this up watching it.

01:44 Starts off a three kill for me the funny thing in this part of the clip is the guy next to me gets taken out, so I third personed it for you.

02:20 This guy stayed up there the entire game.

03:14 I threw a concussion but I cannot divine if this guy thought I was going to come in through the back door or the concussion just did not register for him, I saw the hit marker though.

03:25 Doing my part. :)

03:33 First encounter with a bouncing betty that I am aware of.

03:48 I thought this guy was mine and then I round the corner and two shotties and an AR later... It reminded me of those old B/W movies where the guy runs into the train tunnel and then you see him running out again with the train after him. My clips got messed up or I am lazy and the third person view of this is a little later but it is funny. I did get a +520 assist for it :)

04:25 Yeah I know the video pauses for a bit here but when I cut just a little bit of this pause out it made the two ends look funny. Sorry first time I actually added things to a video, I am happy with the fades though. And this is also the third person view of the death from 03:48.

04:38 This looks funny in third person. Then I totally destroy a plant, stab someone, fail at stabbing someone and finally kill him.

05:50 Camper I tried to unseat him with the pro pipe, fail and flank.

06:46 Second encounter with the bouncing betty. :(

06:50 Third times a charm :mrgreen:

06:55 I do not know what this is called but I call it the "death puker" because it projectile vomits things of death. I even give it a tentative glance and then duck and cover. Then I took a page from the man book and when you cannot make friends with something kill it to death. :)

07:14 Ah skidmarks98 should have moved. Then I die from necrocannabis. Remember him.

07:53 I respawn and Necrocannabis is still there. I shoot at him a bit and then move on unbeknownst to both of us that I had already sealed his fate.

08:16 Necrocannabis's view of the events.

08:39 +1020 assist. :) and a wall hug.

08:50 Starts an enlightening experience with BUFWH22. From his angle the evening ended badly.

09:16 My +2500 concussion grenade. :)

09:22 Ah Skidmark98, fool me once shame on...

09:28 I hate those corner jumpers.

09:45 NSK Justice camping it up.

09:58 Peekaboo!

[video=youtube;Vf3jH-vT0c8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf3jH-vT0c8&feature=youtu.be[/video]

On a side note I really think this theater addition to the game adds a powerful tool for the name and shame side of the community. You can upload clips of players that hack/glitch, camp there way to happiness or just generally play like a total a**hole.

WaLkAwaY

Here is another game play of random clips. Two different game types this time KC and Domination.

00:00 My game training is coming back.

00:15 Stairmaster.

00:24 I just thought the name was funny.

00:40 I threw my knife on a blind throw. Second later it pops up kill confirmed. I thought “SWEEEEET, my first blind knife kill.....eeevarrrrr!”. Then I realized you don't get a kill confirmed from just killing. :(

00:49 I thought this was a cool little 4 kill streak. They happen so rarely I decided to share.

01:23 Lag was a bit of a problem in the beginning as you can see this guy warp to his position but he started off a little 5 kill streak.

02:19 Thought this was going to be another killstreak but sadly it ended with the Bosom Buddies. Seriously these guys were so close to each other I thought they were tits. :mrgreen:

02:36 It always makes me feel good to get one of these guys. They are rather bothersome.

02:45 This guy had been plaguing me the entire match, it was a little bit of satisfaction to knife him in the back.

02:57 I was rather proud of this little moment. I had just come through a gunfight and dropped and switched to my secondary having enough time to kill this guy. I would like to think it was a skill related accomplishment but after watching it I think it was mostly luck and the guy/girl was a little disoriented allowing me to capitalize on the situation.

03:10 I thought this was funny. I herd the tell tale and waited a bit. I thought “I'm alive”, and as I turned I started to get up and BOOM! :(

03:25 Again always happy to showcase a bunny hopper fail.

03:37 Taking one for the team, happy with my first attack air support take down. So happy in fact I went to a dance and killed my date.

04:16 All that and then knifed in the shin. :(

04:56 I just thought this was a cool little sequence of events.

06:14 I saw some armor but I did not know if it was rude to take it so I left it.

06:30 I had a cooked off concussion in my hand and changed my mind about where to toss it. Oh well maybe out this way witch triggered a little 4 kill streak I was rather proud of. I got stuck on the railing however in hindsight this may have saved my life from the last foe.

07:06 Thought this looked funny so I also captured it from the freecam.

07:40 Awesome spawning FTW!

08:20 One of the first matches of Domination I played. I liked how my taking of “C-flag” turned out. However the game type is ripe with people not playing the objective and running around with extreme conditioning and akimbo FMG-9's or camping with them. The rest of the match did not go my way. Luckily I think we won. :)

[video=youtube;irAojdVu564]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irAojdVu564[/video]

All in all I think I am liking the game more and more. There are just some real annoying things that take place. The funny thing about it is it seems as if there are two types of games in MW3. Those in which not much goes wrong and you have fun and then there are games where every single thing that annoys you about the series happens in succession. There is it seems no middle
ground.

WaLkAwaY

More importantly than that however to get those companies to take notice we have to be aggressive in our game play style. That means not sitting in a corner camping like a pussy or using no skill weapons like dual FMG9's. It means rushing your ass off.
Run Until Something Happens.

Here is the third installment of Shmoo. I hope you guys enjoy it. I should come up with some catchy titles for these. :)

00:05 This guy had to be a**ed, he almost had it.

00:17 Long shot w/PP90 with the kick proficiency not the range proficiency.

00:23 Another stun save but this time I got lucky. And of course I must show appreciation to my fans. :mrgreen:

00:45 If you remember in either episode 1 or 2 there were three guys camping on top of the van out back? Well only one this time but I was ready for it.

01:20 This was filler for the next clip just to show you what I had been doing prior to my demise. This is how rushers get called campers. I happened to be the last kill for the win, so naturally because I was camping behind the dumpster the entire game apparently, I was told not to camp the next map.

02:42 Stick around, I think this is my first throwing knife kill of MW3. :)

03:08 Lets cut to the chase however with my second.

03:19 These two kills look bada** right? Let me tell you leveling the shotgun is a painful experience as more often than not I was the one on the business end of the encounter.

03:33 I had seen all of these guys running my way... a little panic never hurt anyone. :)

03:56 I thought this would make a cool little clip. Shooting it from three different angles. I got a bonus when I noticed the car hood during one of my trial watches. I think it turned out pretty cool.

04:39 This is my friend IMS which stands for Irritable Messenger Service. I use it for advertising, it really gets the point across.

04:59 In reverse order seen from the enemy first, I guess I touched off a bit of a flame war after this. :mrgreen:

05:26 was the beginning of a 4 kill streak with the FMG-9 and Stalker Pro saving me.

05:45 Was my +1050 for destroying a drum of petrol. :)

05:58 Starts off a 5 kill streak and then shows the best score I have yet while playing MW3. Not the highest but the most spread between kills and deaths.

[video=youtube;6T6gWc5wDsY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6T6gWc5wDsY[/video]

WaLkAwaY

I still dont get it? :\
I am Shmoo. My game name is AttackShmoo.

That's right another installment of Shmoo.

Today’s themes: song lyrics, terrible dating, weather anomalies, bad luck and an epic flash grenade, lets get started.

00:00 Looks like they were made for each other.

00:32 I'm stuck on you.

01:05 My what a big package you have. Yeah I got nothing with the contents. :(

01:26 Light my fire.

02:06 2x Lobotomy and miscellaneous LMG love.

02:31 Love and Kevlar in a flat. Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down...

03:08 Giving me the run-a-round.

03:33 Shmootles. Taste the rainbow. :mrgreen:

04:47 "The case of PePe's hot tamales and the bullet proof furniture".

06:00 Underestimating luck.

06:35 – 07:28 Survival of the campiest.

07:32 Stop staring at my ass.

08:00 When I think of you I touch myself.....twice. And dumpster love.

08:26 You're welcome to Mt.Zion while he's down there.

08:49 Dancing in the rain.

09:24 “WaLkAwaY, you just got flashed, here's 10,000 points”

Enjoy.

EDIT: Oh yeah and watch in 720p please. :D

[video=youtube;GZjG8iJcd6M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZjG8iJcd6M[/video]

Last edited:

Dantheman221

Oh! I see now ^^ Still, kinda random and easy when you're playing a game like CoD :) Every weapon has 10x the damage and accuracy bf3 weapons have xD

WaLkAwaY

So I have what I think is a really cool direction I want to take my videos. I want to add text and pop ups to my videos that mirror or copy those you find in the game. Pretty much exact duplicates or as close as I can get them to being exact as I can. Though they wont be exactly like the ones from the game as mine are going to say different things. In the video you are about to watch you will find four clips one of MW3, two of MW2 and one of BO. Below I have listed where I need those that feel they can/want to help me to pay attention as the list points out what I am looking for.

MW3:
The “+1150, Pay back and Double Kill” type text. The “SamTurret” (including the little picture) and the “8 Point Streak!” Text. As well as the “P90: MarksmanII get 25 kills with this weapon” that pops up at the right hand side.

MW2:
The “3 Kill Streak! Press 4 for UAV” text as well as the little picture. Not so important is the sliding “UMP45: Veteran I” text that comes after it.

Excuse the 3rd clip of the same kill as above it was just meant to show case the important part of the sequence. I am not to concerned with the way it gets really large in the screen as I think this may have been done by the original poster of the video.

BO:
The little pop up Scavenger pack thing. And more importantly the pop up text and graphic that says “Scalper killed an enemy with a Tomahawk. +50”.

I think all of those clips show the numbers fading in and out being large when they pop up and slowly getting smaller as they disappear. This is something else I need to learn.

So I am not looking for a hand out I will do my homework if you can point me in the right direction with links for video tutorials or written tutorials that would be great. Though if you wanted to spend your time writing it up and explaining it to me that would be greatly appreciated as well. :D

The programs I have are Adobe Master Collection CS4, Sony Vegas Pro 10, FRAPS, Bandicam and ACDSee Pro 3. I have used Gimp and VirtualDub but they are on another machine.

Thank you for your time.

EDIT: Also my videos will be of games played on PC, if that makes any difference. :)

[video=youtube;RoVyvJChTBk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoVyvJChTBk[/video]

WaLkAwaY

This is just a video of me Shmoo raging in BO CT.

After MW2 killed my fervor, I took a really long time off from MP gaming and pretty much any type of FPS so when I came back I was really rusty, but I liked BO so much I bought my friends account, well there was BO and a host of other games on it. I had no idea about the maps or the guns and I exclusively played CT. My brother was behind with a camcorder so the quality sucks because it is a video of a video of a video game on an LCD screen. A lot of swearing so if you are sensitive... Just know this is not how a Monster acts in public.

[video=youtube;W95OXlfVeuY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W95OXlfVeuY[/video]

Eirreann

^^It looks like you weren't having the best of gaming days.... (in the beginning, at least)

WaLkAwaY

Nothing note worthy just a little game play.
[video=youtube;nVNvO1mJqX0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVNvO1mJqX0[/video]

WaLkAwaY

Here is almost a full game (minus a part I deleted because I had to answer the phone) on underground.

[video=youtube;ZGo7INyv4IY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGo7INyv4IY[/video]

WaLkAwaY

Nothing fancy, no artsy stuff no slomo or speedups and it has a couple of jitters in it where I had to split the video in both my vault and FRAPS. If this video turns out crappy I will go back to the drawing board as far as my render settings. there was something else I was going to say about this video but I cannot remember what it was for the life of me.

EDIT: Okay I remember what it was. After reading Empty's post about why people might use the color blind settings I decided to give it a try. So last night I played a game of FFA while using it. I really could not tell the difference. But I think that was Empty's way of letting me know that beyond a shadow of a doubt the community that uses the color blind setting and are not color blind does not gain any advantage over those not using it.

Anyway when I went into my vault this morning to copy this video on FRAPS I forgot to take the color blind setting off so that is why you see this particular game with it on, however this KC game was not played with the color blind assist setting on.

EDIT: I now use the color blind setting. :D

You are Spasial.
[video=youtube;Wy7Cjj6r9lA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wy7Cjj6r9lA[/video]

WaLkAwaY

Around the seven minute mark you will notice the video stutter or cut into a scene. When I was using FRAPS I turned away for a second and captured extra footage of when the game was split in my vault. I rendered in Vegas and I am still working on trying to get it so two halves will come together better. I could not use a transition or fade at that mark because it was not a montage or two different scenes it was supposed to flow together as the game play never stopped, hopefully that makes sense.

Nothing spectacular no "fX". As a matter of fact my twitch response is slower for some reason. I need to better learn the choke points and camping areas and also start remembering to duck and cover when reloading. While watching this I made a comment about situational awareness and my brother said that I should come up with a better term:

"Situational awareness cannot be reproduced outside of live fire or actual. You have ambient sound in the game but you miss so much that cannot be captured by your game. The reverberations of sound off of walls and your body, the subtle ambient sounds that permeate the surroundings like plants, boxes and air. And a large part is, you are missing your sense of smell and that sixth sense that tells you when and when not to do something. All of those things combined are what makes your sixth sense or that feeling of "I just know".

So I guess I will come up with a better term, maybe directional map awareness. :D

Last FFA game of the night and this one was far less campy than the previous two, which I don't understand as Arkaden is just as campy as Seatown and by far, more campy than Dome. Anyway I had gotten into some altercations in the previous games about the merits of camping. The camper consensus was that "You have to camp to win FFA". My response at the end of the film is in response to this statement.

So.. sure you could camp and win FFA or you could use dual FMG9's or another untalented no skill weapon/tactic or...

You could run until something happens and have fun. :)

[video=youtube;mEi8q76nsYE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEi8q76nsYE[/video]

WaLkAwaY

Should have posted this before the last video. This is a clip from the game previous to that one, you can tell by the conversation what was happening. I just thought it was funny and ironic.

Really funny/Kind of funny/Not funny what do you think?

[video=youtube;uiwqnfXl-Zg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiwqnfXl-Zg[/video]