Razer Mice

WaLkAwaY

Feb 4, 2012
Earth
I have a razer Lachesis 5600 mouse. For the most part it is and has been a good gaming mouse and is an upgrade from the first iteration of Lachesis I owned.

Problem is it has a very annoying issue that happens several times a day.

I will be browsing the interwebz or doing work on my computer and all of a sudden the cursor is on the other screen or at the bottom of the screen or the top. In game when this happens I could be running forward and all of a sudden I am turned around or looking straight up or down.

I have cleaned the eye and it also happens on other computers.

Does anyone here have a razer mouse or a mouse that does the same thing and if so have you fixed it and how?

AeonSoul

Feb 21, 2012
Italy
Well if you cleaned the eye you should check if there's something like smart pointing enable or stuff like that. I haven't really ever owned a Razer mouse, but my Logitech had it and I had to turn it off because it was annoying.

Seems a lot of people are having the same problem. Not sure if it just this model. Someone off another forum did this ....

Kveldulvkulto•3 years ago

I Had a nagging issue with having to plug and unplug my new Razer Lachesis. I have windows 7 ultimate 64 bit. I finally resolved it.
First i uninstalled the driver for the mouse. Restarted
Download the latest firmware & driver updates from Razer.
Ran firmware update in compatibility mode Xp Service pack three. Also noticed unblock. Unblock.
Firmware updated successfully.
Then i installed the Windows 7 driver . No compatibility mode required. But i unblocked.
Restarted.
Work perfectly. I did restart 3 x to make sure. Hope this helps anyone that may need it.

WaLkAwaY

Feb 4, 2012
Earth
Email razer , their pretty quick to respond. I was having a email conversation with them one day to fix the software not showing up after I switched to windows 8.

tappin from the Note II

Right now I am in talks with them about my Headset so I don't want to confuse them. :)

What DPI are you set on?

X = 2600 Y = 2300

Seems a lot of people are having the same problem. Not sure if it just this model. Someone off another forum did this ....

Kveldulvkulto•3 years ago

I Had a nagging issue with having to plug and unplug my new Razer Lachesis. I have windows 7 ultimate 64 bit. I finally resolved it.
First i uninstalled the driver for the mouse. Restarted
Download the latest firmware & driver updates from Razer.
Ran firmware update in compatibility mode Xp Service pack three. Also noticed unblock. Unblock.
Firmware updated successfully.
Then i installed the Windows 7 driver . No compatibility mode required. But i unblocked.
Restarted.
Work perfectly. I did restart 3 x to make sure. Hope this helps anyone that may need it.

I will look into that.

I have a Razer mouse, but it is a different model and I have not had that issue with mine. Might just be that model.

Yeh I got the Mamba, and it works fine. From my reading, it appears to be limited to that model only.

Sent via Tapatalk

Yeah I have read where the laser is the problem. That is why I bought the newer model but...

That sucks, I hope you get your problems squared away Walkaway.

Thanks.

WaLkAwaY

Feb 4, 2012
Earth
Well I know I said I would not buy anymore Razer products but I like them so much I decided to give them one last shot. Today I ordered these

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826153095
26-153-095-TS

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826153096
26-153-096-TS

Neither nearly as nice as my Lachesis but if they do not have that annoying cursor jump then it will be a win.

The coolest thing about my Lachesis was the ability to change the color of the buttons and the Razer logo.

[video=youtube;3gZiWz4t3HY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gZiWz4t3HY[/video]

VagrantXeth

Mar 4, 2012
Texas
Those are pretty nift looking mice. I have a Razer mouse but recently went back to using a trackball, I just find it a whole lot more intuitive than using a mouse for games like FPS and third person perspective games. Most other games I use a gamepad. Not too many folks use a trackball so sometimes it makes me feel like a bit of a freak, lol!

So guys, I'm thinking of getting myself a Razer Mamba, anyone have the new one? Any good?
I'm going from a Mad Cats R.A.T 7, wondering how they compare. I'm sick of wires even though I know they're the best way to go. The Mamba comes with a cord option correct? It only connects via the wireless adapter charger right? It's not bluetooth?

Yeh I got the Mamba. I think that its pretty good. Though I would not recommend it for people with big hands. Sometimes I think it may be a little small for me.

But the wireless is good. same response as wired. and I can customise the colours to suit my laptop colours.