Razer Tiamat 7.1 Headset

WaLkAwaY

So after trying many, many different headsets on both my computers and coming to the realization that it must be FRAPS that is causing the issue with my computers and doing actual live-as-I-am-playing commentaries I have decided to try one more headset and see if I am wrong.

I just pre-ordered this, the Razer Tiamat 7.1, I would say that I am enthusiastic or looking forward to it but I have been disappointed so many times with high end gaming headsets that I am a little wary of getting my hopes up.

All the reviews I have read state that this is truly an amazing headset and the cons are pretty dismissible. So after Astro a40, two sets of turtle beach's, Sennheiser, Logitech, Plantronics, Tritton and a host of others there is a little bit of me that hopes against hope this will work.

Maelstrom

I never liked FRAPS that much. I use MSI to tell me my FPS and Camtasia Studio to record my screen. Although it helps to have two monitors to do that.

Dantheman221

So after trying many, many different headsets on both my computers and coming to the realization that it must be FRAPS that is causing the issue with my computers and doing actual live-as-I-am-playing commentaries I have decided to try one more headset and see if I am wrong.

I just pre-ordered this, the Razer Tiamat 7.1, I would say that I am enthusiastic or looking forward to it but I have been disappointed so many times with high end gaming headsets that I am a little wary of getting my hopes up.

All the reviews I have read state that this is truly an amazing headset and the cons are pretty dismissible. So after Astro a40, two sets of turtle beach's, Sennheiser, Logitech, Plantronics, Tritton and a host of others there is a little bit of me that hopes against hope this will work.

AWW! I wanted to buy them too :D Tell me how they sound. I hope you are using all 10 of the drivers(aka speakers)! :D

Im pretty sure you wont be disappointed :)

Commy1

As great as this particular Razer headset is, when you throw Sennheiser into the mix, I'd take the Sennheiser any time. I mean no other company would dare create a pair of audiophile headphones with range greater than what a dog can hear... regardless of price. They are the Sound company and that is where my opinion stays.
Now if you were on a budget... well then forget it. I withdraw my statement.

freaking awesome!
I got the Razer Carcharias some days ago, is amazing :)
Razer peripherals are always awesome

WaLkAwaY

As great as this particular Razer headset is, when you throw Sennheiser into the mix, I'd take the Sennheiser any time. I mean no other company would dare create a pair of audiophile headphones with range greater than what a dog can hear... regardless of price. They are the Sound company and that is where my opinion stays.
Now if you were on a budget... well then forget it. I withdraw my statement.
That was a list of the headsets I have owned. Had them, not impressed.

AWW! I wanted to buy them too :D Tell me how they sound. I hope you are using all 10 of the drivers(aka speakers)! :D

Im pretty sure you wont be disappointed :)
I will keep you posted.

I never liked FRAPS that much. I use MSI to tell me my FPS and Camtasia Studio to record my screen. Although it helps to have two monitors to do that.
I like FRAPS because it is the only program that gives pure raw footage. DxTory, Camtasia etc.. all have a level of compression to them, that is why the file sizes can be so much smaller than a FRAPS file.

Maelstrom

The smaller file sizes help when uploading though. I don't frequently upload videos to YT so I'm not a experienced with it.

WaLkAwaY

The smaller file sizes help when uploading though. I don't frequently upload videos to YT so I'm not a experienced with it.
Like Dan said. The major drawback to a screen capture program or program for recording video game play is that most of them do some type of compression that is not really the problem, what is the problem is the CPU is what has to do the compression. I guess it would be fine if you had a quad core and the game normally only used two cores you could put the other two or even one to take care of compression.

With raw footage you need a program like Vegas or AAE to render the video.