Ready for a new laptop, feedback?

Obnoxiousblue

Hey all. Mike here. New to the forums, and ultimately Alienware as a whole.
My laptop is due to be replaced, and what with school I couldn't figure a better time then now.

I'm heavy into the Alienware 15, in the configuration Seen Here

I see there quite a few variants in the 15" range, including what seems to be a discontinued M15.
What can owners of this current generation say for the machine? Anything you didn't get, but now wish you had?

Also, while I know this isn't the most travel-friendly laptop - it will certainly be carried around on occasion.
I figure, if I'm spending good money on the computer, why not hop on for the Alienware case too?
I found the Alienware Orion, as well as the Alienware Vindicator series bags. Seems Orion is an older iteration - but seems to have more space which might be good for a college student. Does anyone have any experience with either bag? Obviously, I'd probably want to stuff my iPad (flame on) a notebook (the paper kind) 1 or 2 folders plus my keys and such in there.

Lastly, any suggestions on a wireless mouse that isn't so huge as to take up the entirety of the bag?

Thanks folks!

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
Hi Mike...welcome to Alienware Owners. I use the Logitech M310 mouse when I travel.

Obnoxiousblue

Thanks!
Also, does Dell do the engraved plate on the bottom of the Alienware 15? Or was that only previous models?

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
Thanks!
Also, does Dell do the engraved plate on the bottom of the Alienware 15? Or was that only previous models?

I'm not sure on the new models. If I had to guess, I would say yeah. If you go to dell.com and configure one, it will give you the option if you can.

Mike, you won't hear much from People just yet about the new Alienware 15. It has not been released for long. I will have a review of the Alienware 17, very soon. I will be getting it Monday[emoji89]

Obnoxiousblue

Thanks! I bought the 15, with the i7, 16gb and upgraded to the touch screen. I figured the screen especially isn't something that can be swapped out quick and easy. It will be a school work/play machine, and is still 100X more than what I'll really ever need. It is supposed to be here 2/16, I hope it gets here sooner! LOL I expect I'll be quite pleased.