Recommended motherboard for Aurora R3?

buckZor

I've seen some threads with people using Asus Maximus line boards.. just wondering if anyone has any recommendations to revitalize my R3. I have the Core i7 2600K, Sandy bridge, 1155 LGA and run a single GTX 780. Part of my motivation is my inability to get into BIOS with this video card and the annoying boot sequence of multiple beeps before it boots up because of Alienware BIOS incompatibilities.

Anyway, love to hear what you guys are using in 2014 on your R3s, if any of them still survive! :cool:

holeyguy66

asus works as you mentioned. i believe almost any m-atx board will work. i just went with what i knew worked for other people. the asus maximus v gene is an 1155 socket just like sandy. iveseen a few with msi and others as well. just the asus brand is the most popular choice i have seen. honestly id go asus maximus just because of the features it offers. easy over clocking of te cpu if you dont wanna do it yourself. im not to familiar with the 2600k but i can just set the oc to 4.6 reboot and im done. the chore is going to be getting command center to work. you will have to try all the ccc on dells website for your r3 til you find one that isnt looking for the stock mobo. took me 2 hours but got it all working

- - - - - Updated; Consecutive Post Auto Merged - - - - -

http://www.alienowners.com/showthread.php/4236-auroras-r3-and-gtx-titan theres my r3 still kicking for now. gonna gut it and build a full custom system later on

jayhernandez7

I agree with @holeyguy66 Asus is a very solid brand and they make outstanding and easy to use products. Show us some pictures once you upgrade. Maybe some before and after :)