Restarting Automatically

Hello All, Thanks for reading my post..

My laptop automatically restarting within 5sec after shutdowns.. I've updated windows, Restalled, also tried Ubuntu.. I've tried everything I knw, but problem is not solved.. its been 6 months with this issue.

As a remedy, I changed windows settings lid actions to shutdown and I'm closing my lid as soon as my laptop turned off, so it prevents rebooting. If I don't close the lid it would restarts with in 5 to 10 seconds

Laptop Details
:

Earlier my laptop sundenly stoped working due to shot circuit, so I had to replace mother board by a 3rd party service provider. (They said replacement was original)

I'm using AW R3 17 4k, 8Gb 980M, 16gb Ram, 512 SSD, 1TB Hard disk

Pls let me know if you know any solution.

MattyB

Mar 19, 2012
Adelaide, Australia
Try opening Control Panel - System and Security - Power Options - Choose what the power buttons do - Change Settings that are currently unavailable - Turn on fast startup (uncheck this box) - Save

See if that helps. There could be an underlying hardware/software issue though. When you reinstalled Windows did you do a full clean installation using a bootable USB? If nothing else works then I would try this.
You can also run a pre-boot diagnostic. Press F12 during startup and go into the boot menu. There will be an option there to do a hardware diagnostic on your machine.

Try opening Control Panel - System and Security - Power Options - Choose what the power buttons do - Change Settings that are currently unavailable - Turn on fast startup (uncheck this box) - Save

See if that helps. There could be an underlying hardware/software issue though. When you reinstalled Windows did you do a full clean installation using a bootable USB? If nothing else works then I would try this.
You can also run a pre-boot diagnostic. Press F12 during startup and go into the boot menu. There will be an option there to do a hardware diagnostic on your machine.
IMG_20191114_122240.jpg

Disabled fast startup.. but no change.

Everything seems to be good when I do diagnosis, (attachment : I didn't use charger when diagnosis, I tried again with charger and results are all green)

When I installed OS, I completely cleaned my SSD, Deleted it's storage drive, then created a new, formatted and installed.

AssimilatorX

Apr 14, 2012
Dell mainboards tend to have limitation until you enter your valid service tag. and exit "manufacturing mode" I belive your system is in "manufacturing state" as it is a replacement. Also it should have gave you a warning on every boot "Manufacturing Mode press Fn-X (level 01), Press Fn-X to return the system to normal running mode" . Until then dont expect it to be fully functional. I was working as a dell on-site technician. Service tag : None, is not a valid state for the board to boot and several functions are disabled in test this mode, (including power management).