Resurrecting Alienware 7500-r4 case, LED control?

WoodchuckTX

I bought the system in working order about 5 years ago for $100 at a garage sale. Unfortunately I never used it much because a RAM upgrade was too expensive for what I would have ended up with. But at that price it's a great case and power supply for my current system.

I have recently rebuilt it with a newer MB and a GTX 1070, but I wanted to see if I could get the LED control working. Can anyone post photos of how the controller was connected?

Reading other posts on here it sounds like the software to power it might be lost to history, so perhaps I shouldn't worry about it.

Thanks.

Raytheon

I bought the system in working order about 5 years ago for $100 at a garage sale. Unfortunately I never used it much because a RAM upgrade was too expensive for what I would have ended up with. But at that price it's a great case and power supply for my current system.

I have recently rebuilt it with a newer MB and a GTX 1070, but I wanted to see if I could get the LED control working. Can anyone post photos of how the controller was connected?

Reading other posts on here it sounds like the software to power it might be lost to history, so perhaps I shouldn't worry about it.

Thanks.

WoodchuckTX,
I have a 2007 Area-51 7500 R4 I'm trying to bring new life into it and wanted to change the motherboard, Processor, Memory, and hard drive and graphics card. I wanted to get a MSI Z170A SLI Plus with an Intel i7-6700k processor (4x4.00GHz/8mb l3 cache) but I'm not sure if the Chassis will line up with the new motherboard. Since you have upgraded your MB and GC I figured you are the right person to ask this question to.

Last edited:

Eakers

I have the same computer case as both of you. Recently I made a brand-new build with the 6700K. I'm using the asrock overclock formula Z170, and it fits just fine.The way the mounting holes are set up I think it fits all normal ATX motherboards.

Raytheon

I have the same computer case as both of you. Recently I made a brand-new build with the 6700K. I'm using the asrock overclock formula Z170, and it fits just fine.The way the mounting holes are set up I think it fits all normal ATX motherboards.

That's really great news. Thank you for that information.

WoodchuckTX

No, I never found the software. And I'm missing a cable.

But as far as getting a working computer, no surprises

greyrabbit

I may be able to help with the software I will have a look for it, fingers crossed.