test

Righthand Speaker

MattyB

For any M11x owners out there, I have a question.

I have just noticed that there isn't much/any sound coming from my right speaker. I realize that this speaker isn't located directly behind the grill like it is on the left but it's more towards the touchpad. Still, I can't seem to hear much coming from that area. The left speaker is quite loud but when I put my ear up to the machine on the right side, I can't hear much and I think what I can hear is the left speaker noise coming through.

Can anyone please check for me if you have something similar or can you hear the right speaker clearly?

Cheers.

MattyB

Nevermind. Dell Tech coming out to replace speakers. Awesome service again.

I must be a Platinum Member! :D

yikes81

Yeh, I have had great service. As long as the service tag is registered, and you have the proof of purchase registered with it, I cannot see how they can argue with the evidence.

MattyB

So the Dell guy came last Friday with new speakers...didn't fix the problem. He came back Monday with a new motherboard and daughterboard....mobo didn't fix it, daughterboard was for the R1. Came back today with another daughterboard...fixed the speaker but now my USB ports don't work. Not going well so far! Has to order another board and come back a forth time!

- - - - - Updated - - - - -

But I have to go back to work on Monday so he has till Friday to sort it out or it won't be for another 3 weeks.

DDuB420

Starting to sound like yikes81's story with his M17XR3's mobo.
Hopefully this gets sorted out after the next visit. :rolleyes:

yikes81

Dude ... sounds bad. Did they ask if you would consider going into the service centre?

MattyB

No they have never mentioned that. It should have been an easy fix.

MattyB

It has been rebooked for Friday but I forgot that I'm going out for lunch and I'm getting slightly drunk so I'm trying to cancel it. Problem is that they always call on a blocked number. Trying to get dell to cancel it for me. I'll just have to wait 3 weeks

MattyB

Especially now that I only have 1 good USB port and 2 useless ones.