test

Rome 2 Campaign restarts my pc?

MasterBigBuck

Hello, I have the x51 from 2012 and just recently swapped out the original GTX 555 with a EVGA GTX 660. My i have the 330w psu, and was wondering if this is causing the issue. Every time i try to play Rome 2's campaign on anything higher than medium graphics, it restarts my PC. I can however play the battles on the highest settings without any issues. Before i swapped i could play Rome 2 without any issues. I did however have my PC crash/restart over and over by itself when i tried to play Wargame Red Dragon, just didn't happen every time i played it. Right now i can play any game other than Rome 2 on the highest settings, even Arma 3. Any help?

- - - - - Updated; Consecutive Post Auto Merged - - - - -

I forgot I also have all of the necessary updated drivers.

I see You

Hello, I have the x51 from 2012 and just recently swapped out the original GTX 555 with a EVGA GTX 660. My i have the 330w psu, and was wondering if this is causing the issue. Every time i try to play Rome 2's campaign on anything higher than medium graphics, it restarts my PC. I can however play the battles on the highest settings without any issues. Before i swapped i could play Rome 2 without any issues. I did however have my PC crash/restart over and over by itself when i tried to play Wargame Red Dragon, just didn't happen every time i played it. Right now i can play any game other than Rome 2 on the highest settings, even Arma 3. Any help?

- - - - - Updated; Consecutive Post Auto Merged - - - - -

I forgot I also have all of the necessary updated drivers.

IS your EVGA GTX 660 a reference designed card? my first thought would be heat related but if its a reference designed card most likely not. The next thing would be power draw how is your system when playing videos ? or blueray can you get threw a movie?. If not and your system is not overheating then i would say your power supply may be going out, or your power board inside your pc may be going out. this is a little board towards the front below the cd drive, inside the computer. Its easy to replace if that is it.

John Dubeck

I'm not a computer expert, but I would say that your problem is not caused by the change of your graphics card. I have a few friends with Rome 2 and they all say the game has some weird bugs. One friend of mine has the x51 too and when he plays Rome 2, the computer will restart when he is playing.