RTX 2060 FE: No more blower fan !

blazouf

Hello.
I've just ordered the new Nvidia RTX 2060 for my Alienware X 51 R2 (to replace a GTX 970 FE).
I was so happy, then i realize that this card doesn't have a Blower fan, but a dual fan system !?

My question is:
Do you think it's possible to use this card in my small x51 if i remove the optical drive (I already change the Hard drive for an SSD) ?

Or do i have to return it and buy the Nvidia 1060 FE ? Or the Asus turbo 2060 ?

It seems that the only 2060 model new generation card with a blower fan is the ASUS Turbo GeForce RTX 2060 ?
This one has the same lenght than the 1070 FE (10.54 " x 4.45 " x 1.57 " Inch - 26.8 x 11.3 x 4 Cm), so you just have to remove the small fan i guess ?

MattyB

Staff member
You can try but I wouldn't suggest to use one of these types of GPU's in there. I have seen people who have removed some parts for more airflow but I'm not sure how much benefit it is. There is just no space in there.

blazouf

Thanks for your advide. :)
So the only avaible card with blower fan is the : ASUS GeForceR TX 2060 TURBO-RTX2060-6G, wich is more expensive ..
But I'm waiting for the 330w PSU and the double 90 degree 6 dual pin to 8 pin.

I've receive the Nvidia card this moning. I have to resend it to Nvidia..

blazouf

ok, i've finally installed the Asus RTX 2060 in the X51 R2. I have to remove the fan (To do so you have to remove the whole case to access to the 2 screw).
The Asus 2060 is very large and i had some difficulties to fit inside (I have an SSD, so there is suffisant place for it). I have to brock some plastique, and remove some part of the "caddie" that maintain the graphix card.
But i finally did it ! :D
The card is very quiet !