test

Sad Day - M17x Faulty GPU

ciara_gxf

Hi guys, I have a M17x. Everything is working fine on it now except for the graphics card.. I know it has one, but ive no idea how to access it or even what driver goes with it. Do you guys have any idea? Thanks.

MattyB

Hi guys, I have a M17x. Everything is working fine on it now except for the graphics card.. I know it has one, but ive no idea how to access it or even what driver goes with it. Do you guys have any idea? Thanks.
NOTE: I moved your query over to the M17x section of the forum.

What do you think is wrong with the graphics card? Do you know what model M17x and GPU you have? The M17x R1, R2, R3 and R4 all have replaceable GPU's so it is very easy to remove a faulty one and replace it. You just need to know what model you have so you can get a suitable replacement.
You can go to Device Manager - Display Adapters to see what GPU you have or you can download CPU-Z. If you right click on the Windows desktop then you should have the Nvidia Control Panel (if you have an Nvidia Card).
If no dedicated card is shown in the Device Manager then there's a chance that your card is dead.

ucdzombie

Are you able to fix your M17x (is it a M17x r1)? If you're unable to fix it, would you be willing to part it out?