test

Sad Day

ernest.mecca

My M11x has finally developed more issues than solutions, and now it seems there is nothing left to do but retire my once daily driver. I will surely miss using Alienware.

MattyB

I'd love to try to get it working again. If it's just the GPU issue then it's probably still an ok machine for general web surfing.

ernest.mecca

I think my display connection has worn out, it won't even turn on anymore. I was looking around for maybe a M14X or a M17x r3 and found a few that are only a couple hundred bucks so I was just going through some things I could end up selling to get the cash.

MattyB

I'd suggest the M17x mainly because of the GPU being able to be swapped out. You can swap the CPU on the M14x but not the GPU. If you can find a cheap M17x R4 then that's even better for future upgrades.

ernest.mecca

I actually came across an m14x for 250 and an M17x r3 for 475. I can pick up the m14x cuz it’s like 45 minutes away, the M17x r3 is shippable from Arkansas. I was thinking about the m14x cuz it’s more portable

MattyB

It's still a fun little machine and you'll definitely have better performance than the old M11x.

ernest.mecca

I see you also have the X51, how do you like it for a desktop? I got a AW keyboard and mouse (no fx tho) and have them hooked up to a massive HP Elitebook workstation but was thinking of getting something more stationary.

MattyB

I really like the X51. It's not a powerhouse desktop but it was never meant to be. It's small and great as a secondary machine for the living room. I paired mine with a Logitech K830 for general PC use and a wireless Xbox controller.