test

Samsung 840 Pro SSD

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
I just pre-ordered the new Samsung 840 PRO SSD from Newegg. I got the 256GB model for $269. I'm going to move my Samsung 830 SSD to the secondary drive bay and use the 840 PRO SSD for my main boot/OS/Apps and sensitive documents drive.

It's a little faster, but it has a feature I really like... AES 256-bit Full Disk Encryption (FDE).

Samsung.com said:
By encrypting all information on the disk at the hardware level, there is no detrimental effect on performance.

Should be better that using BitLocker, TrueCrypt or any encryption software. If your laptop gets lost or stolen, you don't have to worry about someone getting you data by removing the drive and hooking it to another computer. They won't be able to boot the computer if they don't know the hard drive password either. No need to even use a Win 7 login password, but you could use both.

AeonSoul

That seems really nice. I will consider getting one for when I'm buying a new desktop.

MattyB

That's pretty cool. You must have some super secret stuff you don't want people to see! ;) hahaha.

Just jokes. Let us know how it goes.