Samsung 950 PRO M.2 In 15.R2 Works

snoopy

Hi everyone,

Just thought I'd post this in case you were thinking of getting this beasty and holding off to wait for some other person to try it out.

I was able to install windows onto it with none of the challenges / issues I've read about on the forums from people using the OEM SM951 drive etc.

Worked first go and installed a treat (which is handy because my hard disk was DOA)

Not sure on migrating to it, but someone on the DELL forums has posted a how to on that/

Vats

Whats the major difference between Alienware OS vs Clean Install?

RB-Fx

Hi everyone,

Just thought I'd post this in case you were thinking of getting this beasty and holding off to wait for some other person to try it out.

I was able to install windows onto it with none of the challenges / issues I've read about on the forums from people using the OEM SM951 drive etc.

Worked first go and installed a treat (which is handy because my hard disk was DOA)

Not sure on migrating to it, but someone on the DELL forums has posted a how to on that/
So basically it worked out of the box without further configuration? Can you specify in which slot you actually added it?

Because i've read somewhere that it only works at a slot with PCiE x4 capbilities, otherwise it'll work slower than expected.