Seriously considering ordering the X51 this weekend, need some Samsung SSD info

Kanniballl

Oct 27, 2012
1) I'm debating either getting the 256GB SSD option, OR getting the cheapest 1TB HDD option and putting in a Samsung 2.5" 7mm 512GB SSD

These are a little slimmer than normal, will I have a problem mounting it to a bracket and have it slide right in?​

2) Anyone know the (approx) length of the power cord BETWEEN the PC and the brick?

I'd like for the brick to lay on the ground behind my desk, but obviously I don't want it to hang. Just wondering for where to put the box.​

3) I see some people are putting in the 670 FTW and down-clocking the voltage... if I decide to do this too, what should I set it to?

The Voltage / Clock downclocking is more important to me than fan speed​

4) Is there potential of eventually frying the machine by putting in a video card that's more Watts/Volts than the 330PSW can handle?

While I'd like a little more "oomph" and I see from the Dell support boards some people are having issues with the OEM card, I also don't want to mess up this nice machine​

Last edited:

MattyB

Mar 19, 2012
Adelaide, Australia
Sorry, can't help you too much with these questions but there are a few guys here that have probably given the 670 a go. I have heard that some people haven't needed to downclock their card.

I would definitely get the HDD with your order and upgrade to an SSD yourself.

Hopefully someone here can give you a bit more info and lead you in the right direction.

If I were you, I would just order one now and start worrying about the upgrades once you have it. :D