test

Should I return my m14x r2 for the alienware 14??

Dj852

Title says it all... I just got my new M14x R2 and now this new one comes out... Should i return this one and get the new one?

Mustangdave

I would if I where you! I canceled my M18x r2 order that hit the production phase the day before they were released. The next morning when their North American sales lines opened up I called and canceled my order, and reordered the 18 (second tier) Beware, they will try to talk you out of it, saying the older system was better...... I corrected him promptly which left him dumbfounded. I didn't think he was expecting me to have been informed on my decision.

Why keep something that is already outdated right out of the box, especially in the laptop world where your stuck with what you get. I look at it this way, when I usually buy a laptop I try to future proof (as much as I can afford) it to delay having to buy another anytime soon. Why spend money on something older when you can get the equivalent Alienware or better for about the same price or cheaper. I spent less on my newer order than the old order and only loss I incurred is a longer delay on receiving it and no Blu-ray drive installed. My only concerns now is how easy will it be to pull these apart to apply Artic Mx4, upgrade the RAM and HDD to a SSD?

I do have one issue though my Estimated delivery date is very close to my two week vacation to Toronto which can't be delayed.(My wife would kill me) Don't know what I'm going to do if it arrives while nobody is home within the two weeks........

MattyB

I would if I where you! I canceled my M18x r2 order that hit the production phase the day before they were released. The next morning when their North American sales lines opened up I called and canceled my order, and reordered the 18 (second tier) Beware, they will try to talk you out of it, saying the older system was better...... I corrected him promptly which left him dumbfounded. I didn't think he was expecting me to have been informed on my decision.

Why keep something that is already outdated right out of the box, especially in the laptop world where your stuck with what you get. I look at it this way, when I usually buy a laptop I try to future proof (as much as I can afford) it to delay having to buy another anytime soon. Why spend money on something older when you can get the equivalent Alienware or better for about the same price or cheaper. I spent less on my newer order than the old order and only loss I incurred is a longer delay on receiving it and no Blu-ray drive installed. My only concerns now is how easy will it be to pull these apart to apply Artic Mx4, upgrade the RAM and HDD to a SSD?

I do have one issue though my Estimated delivery date is very close to my two week vacation to Toronto which can't be delayed.(My wife would kill me) Don't know what I'm going to do if it arrives while nobody is home within the two weeks........

Just get it sent to me. I'll look after it for you while you're enjoying your trip :D

Dj852

Ok guys, it's been done, officially placed my order for my new alienware 14 :D only had my m14x for a couple of weeks but god do I love this thing, its been good to me, and I really hope I love this new one just as much!

PoOkiExL3oi

I'm enjoying my 9 month old M14x R2, but as for you "do tha damn thang" and get that 14 = )

snaven

All I know is that the new M14 got destroyed by PC Gamer which was surprising, Im currently questioning my rig since I see so much better with MSI for at least 1k less ugh is alienware really worth it

Xiron

If i could switch them i would not that my m14xR2 is bad i love it, its just that i like the other one even more haha.