Should i use my warrenty?!

durbin209

Ok, my problems are: keyboard messes up, lost the FX controller, eject disk doesn't work, videos are just static and go in and out, and I have Win8 which I don't like. Should I use the Warrenty, or can I even use it?

Commy1

Dude yes.

Mentioning the FX controller and such, is it possible to get a copy of Command Center online?

durbin209

Well cause I just read the dell.com warrenty thing and it says its not liable for "LOST OR DAMAGED DATA OR SOFTWARE." So I'm in doubt that I could use the warrenty

Commy1

You don't have a portable harddrive or anything backed up? you should try Double Driver and a back up program. Hey you're a staff member you should know this :p

durbin209

In addition now it says my video card is too bad to play f***ing minecraft!?!
Edit: this is what it says, " Bad video card drivers!
-----------------------

Minecraft was unable to start because it failed to find an accelerated OpenGL mode.
This can usually be fixed by updating the video card drivers."

Maelstrom

Pirate Win7 and install it with Daemon tools out of desperation? I don't know what else to do man but I do know that I'm not getting Win8 anytime soon.

Maelstrom

Also, Win8 WAS designed for a tablet so putting it on a PC may not have worked properly.

durbin209

All I need to know. Can I use my warranty for this? If I can I am going to use it.

Commy1

I was told when I bought my machine that if I installed my own copy of Windows I only voided tech support from my warranty. I was going to upgrade to Ultimate and get the use of XP mode Buuuuuut I figured with it almost impossible to get Command Center and since I really like the windows installed backgrounds and stuff, I'll just keep it Home Prem.

Sooo you might have voided part of the warranty but don't worry too much. And you lost Command Center?

durbin209

I was told when I bought my machine that if I installed my own copy of Windows I only voided tech support from my warranty. I was going to upgrade to Ultimate and get the use of XP mode Buuuuuut I figured with it almost impossible to get Command Center and since I really like the windows installed backgrounds and stuff, I'll just keep it Home Prem.

Sooo you might have voided part of the warranty but don't worry too much. And you lost Command Center?
yeah I lost command center
Edit: If I cant use the warranty ill sell it and buy something like an m14x or something like that.

Maelstrom

Software.
All software is provided subject to the license agreement that is part of the package you receive from Alienware. You agree to be bound by the license agreement once the package is opened or its seal is broken. Alienware does not warrant any software under this Agreement.

That's from the software section.

Commy1

yeah I lost command center
Edit: If I cant use the warranty ill sell it and buy something like an m14x or something like that.
That's always an option. Alienwares usually hold their value pretty well... Even one that's a little messed up. Since it's pretty clear the warranty is out the window, I suggest a clean install of Windows 7 whatever version, make sure you use Double Driver for the drivers you have left and go from there. I'm sure you can get a copy of Command Center somewhere.