"Skipping" problem? (And other miscellaneous issues)

Callisto

So the most recent problem I've had with my lapop is pretty hard to explain. It kind of skips like a record. The sound will skip and the display kind of freezes and stutters. Right now all I have running is firefox (netflix, gmail, this website), skype, and speedfan and the skipping right now only lasts half a second. If I'm playing video games, it lasts way longer. It's especially problematic when I'm playing league of legends and my laptop decides to start skipping for 2 minutes at a time. Other than that everything else is fine. I don't have low framerates or anything. I looked up this problem before coming here which can be kind of hard to do when there isn't a real name for this issue, and on the only post looking for help that was even remotely like mine people were saying it may be an over heating problem which this definitely is not. It's barely even warm to the touch. When it over heats it gets burning hot and when it gets that way I turn my laptop off until it cools down. Right now my CPU usage is only 20 percent and it's still skipping. This is getting pretty annoying because it makes even browsing the internet frustrating.

Other than that I have frequent blue screens and the battery won't charge.

Any help I'd greatly appreciate!

I bought this laptop late spring last year. Specs (couldn't figure out how to spoiler the image) -

gj1o.jpg

AeonSoul

Check your hard drive for bad sectors and backup your data. Sounds to me it's an hard drive failure.

shankc

You are best off running a diagnostic. If you restart or start your laptop and tap f12 it should take you to a screen with a few options about your Harddrive and as diagnostic move your arrow key until your on diagnostic and press enter or you could try alien autopsy although this is not as thorough but can be ran from inside windows. But if you find errors in alien autopsy tech support will take you down the f12 route anyway so I would just do that and if there is an error make sure you take note of the full error code given it will save you time when speaking to Alienware support if need be. Hope this helps

yikes81

How old is your machine? The last time something like this happened to me was because I had to much pretty graphics on and my machine couldn't handle it.

Tapatalk'n

Callisto

How old is your machine? The last time something like this happened to me was because I had to much pretty graphics on and my machine couldn't handle it.

Tapatalk'n
I bought it brand new off the alienware/dell website spring last year, so it's not that old.