SLI now or wait for a while?

I have a GTX 780 in my old system that died, the card is still good but have a sound blaster recon 3d in my new R4 along with new GTX 780 so to use both I have to lose the Sound Blaster and go with onboard sound. So the question is do I lose the sound blaster and go with SLI or keep the Sound Blaster and sell the other 780 to put a few dollars back in the pocket.

Thoughts?

TIA

If your talking 780 sli in an Aurora that's a lot of heat in a small area. If you do then lose the shroud cover to let them breath more. It can work you will just have to watch the temps. If you can use the money and who can't sell it on ebay I don't think you will see much real world difference in gaming. More for benchmarks or if your going for higher Res like 3 monitors then I would say keep it. But you thought all this already I am sure.. :cool:

sway

Apr 12, 2012
Houston
What res do you game at? If it's 1080p then a single 780 is more than enough. I game at 1440p and my 780 classy although overclocked stays above 90fps at that res on everything ultra which my monitor also is 120hz, I'll get another eventually though to stay at 120fps.

tappin from the neXus 5

I'm running two Dell's a 30 @ 2560 by 1600 and a 27 @1920 by 1200 / I try to game on the 30 and I push it hard / like to stay at the 2560 by 1600 unless the game make it hurt (read Metro last light). So I may try the SLI just to check it out (never had a SLI rig or course didn't have water cooled either) does the on board sound make it or will that be the deal killer. I do like the sound / listening to music when no gaming.

sway

Apr 12, 2012
Houston
If you play at that res and enjoy high fps then sli def is only option, especially for a game like metro which cripple even the best pc's. I've never had a sound card so I can't say which ones more imp, I have really good speakers so I will have to grab one soon and see...well hear for myself.

tappin from the neXus 5