so im still waiting for my replacement laptop

Jtravapd

Alienware finally contacted me today and told me they can send me a new laptop with the 4930MX , 32gigs of ram, and dual 780m nvidia cards, but with quad 256 ssd raid array and NO dvd drive. or the same set up eith dual 770M video cards and a dvd drive.

I flipped out. how is that even possible? its possible because they are trying to send me a refurbished machine and not a new one. First of all, my laptop i bought had a msata drive and a regular hard drive . i bought a samsung ssd drive and started a raid array.

If they send me the system with the 4 ssd drives in a raid array will i be able to use my samsun 512gb SSD drive and my 512gb msata drive?

I'm friggin depressed over the whole situation. Does anyone who have the 4 ssd drive array know if i will be able to add my SSD drive and msata drive to the laptop? i could care less about hte dvd drive but i just bought the ssd drive and dont want to have it wasted now

shankc

I'm sure you will be able to sell no problems but I wouldn't be happy about getting a refurbished laptop when you have spent a small fortune hope things sort themselves out for you bud

Jtravapd

I'm sure you will be able to sell no problems but I wouldn't be happy about getting a refurbished laptop when you have spent a small fortune hope things sort themselves out for you bud

they are claiming its brand new, but if its brand new then how can they only offer me two versions of the machine? it makes no sense

shankc

For sum reason in the UK they don't let you customise the M18,17 &14 as much as you could the R4 don't know what's going on but its probably something to do with Dell