test

So... X-Men Movies?

WaLkAwaY

I have a question. If you were going to initiate someone into the world of X-Men and given the four movies how would you do it.

Would you start at the first and work to the X-Men Origins: Wolverine movie or would you start with X-Men Origins: Wolverine and then go through the series?

The reason I ask is that I think that if you do X-Men Origins: Wolverine first it gives you a lot of the back story on Wolverine and glimpses of back stories into other characters before they were at the school.

This person has never seen an X-Men comic and knows nothing about the X-Men universe at all.

I think this would help them with understanding especially things like why Wolverine cannot remember anything about his past. How Scott (Cyclops) was brought to the school and introduces Xavier.

But then again that is how I perceive it would be helpful to someone who knows nothing about the series or the universe but then again I knew a lot before the movies came out.

I love X-Men
well honestly The Last Stand and Origins: Wolverine sucked atleast imo and reviews
I suggest start with the normal sequence - 1,2,3,Origins, first class
because a lot of stuff mystery in the initial movies is lost when seeing the prequels first, thats how (and a reason why prequels are made) the fun in the first is somewhat lost (not necessarily always but yeah)
hope this helps :)

VagrantXeth

I think First Class, although decent, goes a long way towards really screwing up the timeline of the series (as it stands in the comics). The White Queen is a lot older than she was in Origins, and Origins takes place well after First Class. Havok is a kid in X2 but in First Class he is a lot older. Cyclops is younger in Origins which would imply that his brother, Havok, is older if you consider how old he is in First Class when in the comics Havok is Cyclop's younger brother. First Class went a long way to really screw things up. In the last X-Men movie, an older Professor X is walking yet in First Class he is crippled as a young man. Hank (aka Beast) is still human and serving as a consultant to the government on mutant affairs in X-2 but in First Class it clearly shows that he permanently turns in to his mutant form then as opposed to later as X2 would imply. Plus, the original lineup in the comics has Iceman, Wolverine, Beast and Cyclops which is clearly not how the comic books make it out to be.

WaLkAwaY

Thanks for the input gents. I actually decided to show them Origins first and then X-1. I did not want to answer a lot of other questions later. So now I will only have to answer a few. :)

And I skipped First Class, I really do not even count it as an X-Men movie.

BlackJair

From all the X-MEN movies I have only saw the: X-MEN First Class and I must say that I just LOVED IT!

Although I agree First Class did screw him a lot of stuff timeline and plot wise, remember I being occasionally shocked and my friends wondering what is wrong with me.
But as a movie point of view first class is very well done and the best one so far. I hope now days of future past can resolve some of them but I don't know how it is going to do so.

BlackJair

Same goes for Spiderman, the old ones are great, but i think The Amazing Spiderman is better :$

Spiderman 1 was okay, 2 was superb, 3 sucked seriously, I was pissed what they made venom into some jerk, even parker was more or less lame, gwen some spoilt brat blonde and the pacing was bad :/
TAS was really nice atleast I liked it, was more comic booky