Soft cloth sleeves no longer included -- my options?

ok, so I posted also in the for sale/WTB section incase someone has one they wish to part with, but I'm very disappointed the new machines don't ship with this very useful sleeve.

I was wondering if anyone had any options? I had no problem finding ones for the smaller sized AW's but for my 17 and 18, it seem like the internet is a wasteland of no!

Anyone know where I can pick up one of these, pref. OEM model... I'm half tempted to have the wife sew me one!

MattyB

Resource Administrator / Forum Moderator
Mar 19, 2012
Adelaide, Australia
Yeah it was a very stupid idea from someone just to save literally a couple of bucks. I use my sleeves all the time and when I got the new 14 I bought a sleeve straight away. I do remember seeing 17 inch ones for sale on ebay a few months ago so they may come back on again hopefully at some stage. Never seen 18 inch ones though.

yeah, it's something that smacks of typical large corporation greed... Dell hasn't been a good think for AW inho.... I'm sure the old AW management wouldn't have nickel and dimed like that.

The real puzzle is why neither Dell nor a 3rd party has one for sale after market? That's a lot of laptop surface to move around with no protection from dust and dirty hands.

Last edited:
Especially since they went back to a metal chassis on the 14 and 17. It's just asking to get scratched up now. I travel often with my M18x and would be lost without my sleeve.
Good luck finding what you're after!

Thanks for the info Billy.. do I infer from your post that the 18 isn't metal chassis? aren't all 3 new laptops same construction?
btw, down here visiting your neighbor to the south NZ on business .. Hop to make the hop over to your side of the ocean.

MattyB

Resource Administrator / Forum Moderator
Mar 19, 2012
Adelaide, Australia
....Billy..??? Not sure I get that one. I have the older M18x R2 which does has the metal body/lid compared to the M17x and M14x. All the new ones are the same these days.
Yeah, hop on over. You should be able to find a few cooler spots to relax.